Talk

Advanced search

to be lying in my hosp bed eating choc?

(53 Posts)
giraffesCantZumba Sun 26-Jun-11 04:39:23

its too hot to sleep. Plus ladies around me are snoring. Starving because didnt eat much dinner due to pain. Choc helps pain wink

nomedoit Sun 26-Jun-11 04:51:46

YANBU and you are allowed not to get up and brush your teeth. Hope you go home soon.

bagelmonkey Sun 26-Jun-11 05:12:43

As long as it's milk chocolate. Milk is a great spice of calcium. And it has protein. And cocoa beans are a fruit so it's one of your 5 a day (more for fruit & nut, obviously). Plus everyone needs a bit of fat in their diet. Not to mention the antioxidants and the happy chemicals.
You should probably get them to prescribe you it on your drug chart.

giraffesCantZumba Sun 26-Jun-11 05:17:59

its minstrels so they are practically tablets! Bet as soon as they wake us us I start to get tired!

QuietTiger Sun 26-Jun-11 05:19:46

Chocolate is a recognised food group. grin

IIRC, it's also used by the nurse-witch in Harry Potter to fix ailments and that's a work of fact, not fiction, so you are actually helping yourself get better more quickly by eating a cure for your ailment. Like bagelmonkey says, you should get them to prescribe it as a medication.

::nods wisely::

APieOfButter Sun 26-Jun-11 05:21:34

me and a gang of mentals all just had a past midnight feast for that exact reason smile

LordOfTheFlies Sun 26-Jun-11 09:52:28

Dark chocolate is practically a health food because its got minerals and vitamins in it.

Actually that's a lie, but it has got more iron .
And if it's Green and Black,then even better.

But won't it melt in the hot ward?

Then you'll get nasty smeary marks on your sheets and the nurses will 'tut' at you and give you a cold bedbath.

giraffesCantZumba Sun 26-Jun-11 10:17:00

minstrels dont melt cos of the shell! Staying in another night glad still got most of a packet left!

Onemorning Sun 26-Jun-11 12:09:24

YADNBU. IIRC it produces feel-good hormones. That means it must help you feel better.

Get well soon smile

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sun 26-Jun-11 12:11:54

Yanbu I remember eating a choc brownie at 2am cause I couldn't sleep in mat ward. Was the only good thing about my stay, oh and dd of course!

giraffesCantZumba Sun 26-Jun-11 12:36:14

glad i have them cos they seem to have no food for me! Do you want roast beef? Im vegetarian. Do you want chicken? Im vegetarian. Do you eat fish then? No i am vegetarian!!!!! I have warm egg sandwiches mmm yum!

RoyalWelsh Sun 26-Jun-11 12:40:26

Seratooooooniiiiiiiin :D

That is all...

And is regularly my reasoning excuse

giraffesCantZumba Sun 26-Jun-11 13:25:22

it is a very good reason!

SecretNutellaFix Sun 26-Jun-11 13:37:38

you need crisps. and toast.

Have you stopped bleeding yet?

PamBeesly Sun 26-Jun-11 13:56:26

Giraffe do you know when you will be out? You seem to be in for a long time for your tonsils, how are you feeling now?

giraffesCantZumba Sun 26-Jun-11 13:56:27

friend is bringing me in crisps at half 2 and we get toast in evening. Got this really annoying electric drip thing in its really sore!

giraffesCantZumba Sun 26-Jun-11 13:57:17

hopefully tomorrow pam. Had another bleed last night.

PamBeesly Sun 26-Jun-11 13:59:21

When I was in hospital with my tonsils they used to make me eat salt and vinegar stick crisps to 'heal' the stitches it just stung like mad...don't be duped into that one but toast is ok smile Hope you feel tip top soon

giraffesCantZumba Sun 26-Jun-11 14:24:38

thats why i asked my pal for cheese and onion crisps

veritythebrave Sun 26-Jun-11 15:45:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Punkatheart Sun 26-Jun-11 16:01:24

Get better soon and of course chocolate is a good idea. Chocolate is ALWAYS a good idea.

ItDoesntBodenWell Sun 26-Jun-11 16:09:05

As long as you haven't just had a gastric band?

PinotsKittens Sun 26-Jun-11 16:14:04

"Chocolate is always, repeat always, a good thing."

- Mahatma Gandhi.

Or was it the Dalai Lama, I can never be sure.

jubilee10 Sun 26-Jun-11 16:17:11

UABVU to still have most of the packet left!

RevoltingPeasant Sun 26-Jun-11 16:58:24

Have you got to stay in tonight too giraffes? Hopefully it will cool off a bit...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now