Talk

Advanced search

To have some stern words with next doors cat

(15 Posts)
LordOfTheFlies Sat 25-Jun-11 22:41:30

Disclaimer: I used to have a cat and I will do no physical harm.

Just had DDs party. Didn't know if we could use the garden (it was raining earlier) but cleared up nice this evening.
We were sat outside eating and talking when neighbours moggy ran up our garden,there was a shriek,we thought he had hurt himself.

No ,he has a RAT. Not a mouse or bird (bad enough) but a Fecking big Rat.
Which he held awhile. Then killed on the lawn.
The girls(especially my DD) we upset by this (who wouldn't be).

The little furry bugger (cat) then left it there. On my lawn. Dead.
I had to remove and dispose.He didn't come back for his snack.

Just wait til he comes back.I'll have a word in his Mr Spock ears.

He had 364 others days to kill rats.Why choose my DD birthday. She will be in therapy for weeks.

Punkatheart Sat 25-Jun-11 22:43:18

He's hired. We have a problem at the moment with rats. To the cat, it was a special prezzie....

fruitshootsandheaves Sat 25-Jun-11 22:47:04

but if he hadn't killed it it may have run up the garden squeaking on it's own and bitten your dd with it germ filled yellow rats teeth or run across your food with its germ cover shitty feet.
So really the cat did you all a favour and he left it on your lawn because actually rats taste disgusting, unless cooked correctly, and carrying it had given him neck ache.

Hope your DD had a lovely party. i bet the rat incident made it all the more memorable

<CEO of Cats Can Do No Wrong Inc>

worraliberty Sat 25-Jun-11 22:47:49

You're very lucky he killed it!

A true neighbourhood hero and probably an apology for all the times he's shit on your lawn grin

Smellslikecatpee Sat 25-Jun-11 22:48:48

YRBVU, he's clearly not a Cravendale cat he doesn't have thumbs and couldn't wrap up his prezzie!!!

WhoAteMySnickers Sat 25-Jun-11 22:48:50

My DS would have been delighted to see such gore, followed by me freaking out at having to dispose of the rat. That really would have 'made' his party. grin

glassescase Sat 25-Jun-11 22:51:27

Well done Puss. Better than having a filthy rat spoil the party.

KilledBill Sat 25-Jun-11 22:57:13

Brilliance in action that was

(Deputy - Cats Can Do No Wrong INC)

Pumpernickel10 Sat 25-Jun-11 22:57:35

I love those cravendale cats so funny smile

Pumpernickel10 Sat 25-Jun-11 22:58:50

But I will say next door catis terrorising my guinea pigs at the moment sitting and staring at them. So we shoo him away

PelvicFloor0fSteel Sat 25-Jun-11 23:04:33

Better to do that than bring a rat into the house alive and leave it there to play with some other time. My mum's cat used to do that a lot and she had to have pest control come and sort out the rats as the cat never bothered to finish the job.

LordOfTheFlies Sat 25-Jun-11 23:06:53

Do you reckon he was going to wrap it for her? Maybe he was looking for scissors and paper.
This was the cat who used to come into my house and wee on my DDs pram when she was a newborn.I had to lock our cat-door when I was out (our cat -now RIP- was hacked off) until I discovered cats don't like orange and used orange airfreshener to disuade him.

Maybe he was waiting for revenge all these years.(DD is 9)

Do cats bear a grudge for that long??

Onemorning Sat 25-Jun-11 23:20:51

He knew it was your DD's birthday, and was bringing her a present. It's a shame it wasn't something nicer than a rat. grin

I'm sure cats don't bear grudges, otherwise mine would hate me for the time I got pissed and put burger onions in his bowl. blush

Smellslikecatpee Sat 25-Jun-11 23:37:38

Do cats bear a grudge, God yes!!

Well my 2 do, OH pissed our girl cat the other week, so she pissed in his shoe last night, in front of him!!!

He'd kicked them off to relax on the sofa, she wandered over and he called me as he thought she was been very cute playing with his shoes until she climbed on one waggled her bum and cut loose!
And then looked straight at him, tail in the air and stalked off. I nearly ruptured myself laughing
Luckily they were his gardening shoes so the cat pee probably improved the smell of them

Smellslikecatpee Sat 25-Jun-11 23:38:41

Correction: OH pissed the girl cat off by teasing her with a feather duster. .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now