Talk

Advanced search

for wanting to

(11 Posts)
SnotGrass Sat 25-Jun-11 18:16:42

shit my insides out so that I feel totally empty inside with no pain other than the enlarged arsehole my shit has created?
I'm sick to death of stomach aches but my doctor won't look into it I'm fgetting to the point where I just want to OD on laxatives and splash shit all over the house sad Its been going on 3 years now.

MorelliOrRanger Sat 25-Jun-11 18:25:17

I wouldn't want to OD on laxatives (very messy business).

Sorry you are feeling lousy what has your Dr said it is. Can't you go to A&E?

Lorenz Sat 25-Jun-11 18:27:35

I suffer with IBS, if I'm desperate I take laxatives. Doctors say to increase fruit and veg but that doesn't work with me!

aliceliddell Sat 25-Jun-11 18:30:44

Try Linseeds gold, sprinkled on food or soaked overnight to a slightly gross gloop. Happy pooing!

flamegirl77 Sat 25-Jun-11 18:31:12

Can you see a different GP at your practice? Another opinion wouldn't hurt. Hope things get better.

lazarusb Sat 25-Jun-11 18:32:19

Get a second opinion. No-one should be suffering for that length of time.

RevoltingPeasant Sat 25-Jun-11 18:34:46

Snot I had persistent stomache aches a while back. Was (mis)diagnosed with IBS - medicine, unsurprisingly, did nothing.

Went tom another GP who thought I might be pregnant (I knew I wasn't) but did a urine sample which revealed I had kidney problems. Apparently about 10% of people with the condition I have do not experience pain in their kidneys but can get persistent UTIs etc which feel like digestive. I don't fully understand it myself, but could you go and ask a different GP to do some more extensive tests?

RevoltingPeasant Sat 25-Jun-11 18:35:25

feel like digestive pain I meant.

realhousewifeofdevoncounty Sat 25-Jun-11 19:36:37

If you feel having a "clear-out" will help, then use a laxative such as movicol or lactulose rather than a stimulant one such as senna or bisacodyl as they will probably make the pain worse. I was constipated after my CS, I took senna and nearly died from the pain but still didn't go. Movicol from dr really worked though, though it took a few days still! But the relief when I went was immense (sorry TMI!). I have seen it in Chemists so I think you can buy it OTC. You have my sympathies though. I too always seem to have one problem or another with my gut sad.

SmethwickBelle Sat 25-Jun-11 20:18:30

If your stomach is hurting as opposed to your guts clearing your intestines out probably isn't going to hurt, you may have an ulcer or a stomach infection.

I had a stomach infection after some food poisoning - a real "tummy ache" that wouldn't shift. There was also associated grumbly guts I should add.

The doctor gave me Omeprazole for a while which stops your own system generating acid in such quantities, and combined with some antibiotics the problem resolved. It took a while though.

Anyway, have you had a second opinion, or asked for a blood test? I agree you shouldn't have to be in pain this long. Please go back and see a different doc.

youarekidding Sat 25-Jun-11 20:23:32

I feel your pain op.

Agree with lactulose, or fybogel or magnesium sulphate in the laxitive quantity or all 3 at once as I have.

Taking these for just over a year religiously has made things better - it will never be cured - to the point I now just use laxico if needed.

I agree with being referred - even though it didn't change my diagnosis I was given the other medicine routine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now