Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that some people think bankers are solely to blame for the recession

(17 Posts)
microfight Sat 25-Jun-11 17:39:30

Not all but lots of people seem to be oblivious to the fact that Labour over spent and that cuts are not being implemented because the Tories are being nasty but a necessity. Why are some Labour supporters in denial about this fact?

usualsuspect Sat 25-Jun-11 17:41:18

<rolls eyes>

Glitterknickaz Sat 25-Jun-11 17:41:29

YANBU to think that some people think that.
I think that's a simplistic approach.
The banking certainly didn't help the situation and overspending was occurring.

What I object to is the most vulnerable in society losing the only form of income they have, and the government attempting to remove the right to appeal when that does happen.

Glitterknickaz Sat 25-Jun-11 17:41:59

And yes the subject is a little old now.

microfight Sat 25-Jun-11 17:43:57

yes I agree it's old so why do people still not get it?

MarionCole Sat 25-Jun-11 17:44:09

And what about the recessions in other countries? Are they Labour's fault too?

mercibucket Sat 25-Jun-11 17:44:19

duh

did you just get promoted to tory hq or something?

usualsuspect Sat 25-Jun-11 17:44:45

I blame still Maggie

usualsuspect Sat 25-Jun-11 17:45:14

or still blame* grin

mercibucket Sat 25-Jun-11 17:47:37

I think it's mostly the fault of

the disabled
the poor
the single parents
the elderly

make em pay, the bastards

Glitterknickaz Sat 25-Jun-11 17:47:50

usualsuspect grin
Sorry but tory policy is taking this country's economy DOWN.

I'm with Glitterknickaz

Glitterknickaz Sat 25-Jun-11 17:50:59

The measures introduced have meant the economy has started to stagnate. Inflation is on its way up. The cost of living is becoming unsustainable.

How is penalising those who sometimes are unable to help themselves going to help with that?

Immediately before the election the economy was showing small green shoots.
I know full well Labour would have had to make cuts to a slightly smaller level, I'd probably be saying the same things if they were in tbh.

beanlet Sat 25-Jun-11 17:52:42

Anyone else scent an invasion from Tory HQ?

Neverending Sat 25-Jun-11 18:25:23

I had a lowly position at a major bank and even me and my co workers could see that things weren't going to last with the banks slap happy approach to lending-mortgages in particular.
100% mortgages on £250000 with joint income of £25000? Seem affordable? Then as soon as another bill went up like fuel, these people were screwed.

Then my bank bought a huge sub prime lending co in the USA. That looked like a great investment to us hmm!

So yes, I think the bankers have a huge part to play in the mess were in now. Not helped by Brown's ridiculous handling of anything financial when chancellor and PM.

Omigawd Sat 25-Jun-11 18:49:29

Goats. Its all about goats.

golemmings Sat 25-Jun-11 22:59:19

my dad is trying to blame the bankers for the fact that round here primary teaching teaching jobs are attracting >100 applicants and nobody is hiring anyone with less than 5 years experience.

I think the banks are responsible for a lot; but I'm not sure they can be held responsible for everything.

Mostly, I'm with usual. but I'm cross that the tories are fucking up the country again. And I'm gutted that I contributed by voting for the yellow dead parrots. Not done it before. Won't do it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now