Talk

Advanced search

To get angry at adult winding up young boy on point of crying?

(8 Posts)
DutchGirly Sat 25-Jun-11 08:46:57

I was visiting friends last week whose little boy was being wound up by his uncle by stating 'he was such a girl and did he want a barbie for being soft?' The boy was getting very upset, frustrated and agressive only for his dad to hand the little boys objects to 'hit' his uncle with.

I was sitting there with my jaw on the floor, none of the adults did anything and I felt so uncomfortable with the little boy being so upset and the fact that 'violence' was being advocated as being acceptable,

I took little boy to his room to calm down. We read a story together and he told me he did not like his daddy and uncle anymore as they were not nice to him. My heart broke at that moment. I think I may have crossed a line there but I could not sit there and do nothing as the little boy was getting so agitated. I was disgusted by the parents not telling the adult to cut it out, as the boy was getting so frustrated that he had to lash out as he could not verbalise his emotions.

Was I out of line here?

Tryharder Sat 25-Jun-11 08:49:13

Poor little lad. YA obviously NBU. Is this how his father/uncle always behave towards him or was it a one-off? What did the mum say?

Goblinchild Sat 25-Jun-11 08:52:32

They are teaching him how to be a man in their eyes, and if he doesn't get a more balanced opinion, that's how he'll think.
Don't cry you girl, hit. sad Where was his mother?

DutchGirly Sat 25-Jun-11 08:55:46

His mother was sitting there doing nothing. I don't even know these people really well, they're friends of friends really.

I felt so sorry for the little boy as he is quite sweet really but not nearly as eloquent as my daughter who is 2 years younger and I am not surprised he has to lash out to express his frustration.

I do have a very sharp tongue and I gave the two males a verbal lashing, funnily enough they said they were only messing about and no harm was done.

PrettyMeerkat Sat 25-Jun-11 09:13:30

Good for you for saying something. What exactly did you say? How old is the boy?

DutchGirly Sat 25-Jun-11 09:21:42

I asked if they would mind picking on someone their own size and that I would be more than happy to introduce them to my friend who is Israeli ex-military and private body guard (a girl of 5.4 who would wipe the floor with them in seconds ) to see if they were really tough as 'real men'.

Just in case they needed toughening up like this little boy apparently needed as they live in a 'rough area'. Sadly they declined, it would be great to see them floored in 2 secs flat and be brought down a peg.

DutchGirly Sat 25-Jun-11 09:22:10

Boy is 5 btw.

PrettyMeerkat Sat 25-Jun-11 11:46:38

Good for you! Poor little boy, that's really cruel and is teaching him all the wrong things. Would you mention it to the mum or are you not close enough? You said I think that you were friends of friends so would you mention it to th mutual friends?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now