Talk

Advanced search

aibu to be grrrr

(10 Posts)
louisawhitegenius Fri 24-Jun-11 17:05:39

My dp has just been away for 4 days on a course. Every day he called me to say they had a liquid lunch and finished at 3pm. He was supposed to be there until today but the finished early (lunchtime yesterday) He is working tonight at 7pm -midnight... No help, no spending time with dd (or me!) dd is getting active (5 months) and only sleeps 30 mins twice per day so no lounging in bed for us (she's not really a 'cuddles' baby) AIBU that i am pissed off to the max that he has decided to have a day in bed today as he is 'tiiiiired'...?

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 24-Jun-11 17:07:39

I would put the 5 month old in the bed with him and let him deal with her. Tired, my arse.

Jodyisagirlsmane Fri 24-Jun-11 17:11:05

I agree with MrsTerry!! Plonk bubbah in bed with him and go have a looooong bath with a nice glass of wine/hot chocolate/whatever!

ZonkedOut Fri 24-Jun-11 17:11:33

YANBU, it's always annoyed me when DH complains he's soooo tired after a day of doing not a lot, when I'm the one feeding the baby at night and running around after the toddler.

NewShooz Fri 24-Jun-11 17:39:49

Put your DD in bed with him, and tell him you are 'popping out'. Go and have a liquid lunch yourself wine

louisawhitegenius Fri 24-Jun-11 19:15:46

thanks ladies! just f**ks me off so badly...i just don't know where he has the balls to do that. i really try my best that he doesn't have to do much at home and i think i've made him a lazy git (never used to be)

listentothemusic Fri 24-Jun-11 19:18:09

No YANBU!

Mine were crap nappers at that age too and it did get better. I would work on getting her to nap a bit more if at all possible because that must be very wearing on you.

mamas12 Fri 24-Jun-11 19:20:06

Enjoy your bath and don't forget to lock the door.

louisawhitegenius Fri 24-Jun-11 19:23:18

maybe if i filled the bath WITH wine i might relax a bit more HIC! he he

FlubbaBubba Fri 24-Jun-11 19:28:54

Cheeky git! (him, not you! smile)

I wish there was an equivalent of breastfeeding and labour for men to experience, along with sleepless nights etc etc, so then they might feel a bit more sympathetic to our plight!

My 5m old is also a crap napper (nicking that prhase from you listentothemusic grin) and does two or sometimes three 40-min sessions during the day, but doesn't make up for it at night time either. You have my sympathies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now