Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be jealous of DP's illness?

(14 Posts)
Zimm Fri 24-Jun-11 07:36:19

I know I am really....but DP has woken up with a sickness bug and so is having a day of work and a lovely rest in bed. I on the other hand was up multiple times with DD last night, am exhausted and will now probably spend the weekend looking after them both. AIBU?

PrinceHumperdink Fri 24-Jun-11 08:51:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WorrisomeHeart Fri 24-Jun-11 08:54:59

YANBU - DH and I have had the same D&V bug this week - he got his as I recovered so we were able to tag-team it. But muggins here soldiered on, getting up with DS at 4.30am etc when I was sick, whereas DH has been faithfully portraying a plague victim on his deathbed and has been unable to do anything. I know I should have done the same but I just felt so guilty - didn't help that I was sick on Fathers day too!

WriterofDreams Fri 24-Jun-11 08:55:14

If the tables were turned and you were ill would DP look after you? If yes, then YABU. If no then YANBU and don't bother looking after him.

Zimm Fri 24-Jun-11 09:27:36

I am never ever ill so he will not be returning the favour. Which I know makes me very very lucky but I am jealous of anyone getting sleep at present. HOping hoping hoping that bf protects dd from it!

Glitterknickaz Fri 24-Jun-11 09:29:18

You'd rather be vomiting? Blimey things must be bad.

PrinceHumperdink Fri 24-Jun-11 09:29:26

IgnoringTheChildren Fri 24-Jun-11 09:32:54

If you really don't get ill then fake it! wink

BarbarianMum Fri 24-Jun-11 09:40:56

Just recovering from a d&v bug here. You are out of your lack-of-sleep-addled mind. Throwing up and shitting yourself stupid are not 'a nice day in bed'.

Zimm Fri 24-Jun-11 09:41:52

Faking it is a thought! I know I abu really....

WriterofDreams Fri 24-Jun-11 10:07:51

I can totally understand where you're coming from Zimm. My DH was sick recently and took the day off work and basically made a nuisance of himself. I was fit to strangle him and in the end I had a big talk with him about how now that he's a parent he needs to chip in even when he's sick (unless he's very bad obviously) and that he can't just come home and expect to be looked after as I can't handle it. To be fair to him he understood what I was saying and hopefully he'll be better in future. I certainly don't mind him going to bed for a few hours but lounging around all day while I'm run ragged is just not on. I would never do that unless I'm really really ill.

PrinceHumperdink Fri 24-Jun-11 10:33:29

Zimm Fri 24-Jun-11 11:16:31

PrinceHumperdink - very sorry to hear of your illness.
I have now decided I definitely BU as DP has vomitted about 10 times so far today. I thought he was just going to throw up once and go to bed for the rest of the day...

Nervous about DD getting it but figure she'd have had it by now - I think we're actually the carriers as some her little friends are also ill with same thing but she is fine - she's just infected her dad!

PrinceHumperdink Fri 24-Jun-11 11:18:40

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now