Talk

Advanced search

to be gutted that Ian White is leaving Look North?

(24 Posts)
hatwoman Thu 23-Jun-11 22:39:04

and that he didn't give us any warning? I think he's lovely. He's an excellent presenter, just the right touch of warmth. lovely voice. nice looking in the nice young man meaning. I'm gutted.

worraliberty Thu 23-Jun-11 22:40:40

I've been crying all day

<Who is he emoticon>

EthelredOnAGoodDay Thu 23-Jun-11 22:41:01

is he?!!? Oh no? He is much better than some of the others they have on there! Has he just announced it?

hatwoman Thu 23-Jun-11 22:42:09

yep - tonight was his last one sad

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 23-Jun-11 22:44:25

just saw that....wonder where he is going? must be going on to bigger and better things...

BelleDameSansMerci Thu 23-Jun-11 22:44:31

Yep, we'll be left with Christa and the older chap now... I think it's a shame too.

EthelredOnAGoodDay Thu 23-Jun-11 22:45:54

oh no. sad I do like him. i wonder where he's off to. God knows who they'll get in that late evning slot now. They must be short of presenters because the brunette weather girl was presenting the other day!!!

AurraSing Thu 23-Jun-11 22:49:13

Your news readers are allowed to leave? We've had the same presented since the 1950s.

hatwoman Thu 23-Jun-11 23:08:25

I hope he is going on to bigger and better things. would be great to see him elsewhere. I only moved into Look North land a couple of years ago and I warmed to him straight away.

EthelredOnAGoodDay Thu 23-Jun-11 23:20:03

Harry is still my fav, but am very wary of Christa! grin She cant read the autocue half the time, which in my book is a fundamental requirement of the job!!! ha ha ha! Maybe IW will crop up on the main BBC news?!

BelleDameSansMerci Thu 23-Jun-11 23:22:39

I'm always sort of entranced by Christa. I often sit open-mouthed at what she's wearing or saying grin

EthelredOnAGoodDay Thu 23-Jun-11 23:24:07

Just googled him and apparently he owns the TV-am trademark and logo!? No news on where he's off to though.

EthelredOnAGoodDay Thu 23-Jun-11 23:25:22

She does have a slightly odd taste in clothes. The thigh length black boots were particularly noteworthy!

ptangyangkipperbang Thu 23-Jun-11 23:25:59

shockIt was the matter of fact way he announced it that shocked me. No explanation. No apology. No regret!
Just left with the annoying Paul Hudson now. A friend lives near Christa and saw her in the local shop without makeup early one morning. Said it was terrifying!

BelleDameSansMerci Thu 23-Jun-11 23:26:45

Heavens! I missed those... She's certainly a one-off!

BelleDameSansMerci Thu 23-Jun-11 23:28:44

I was surprised how it was delivered too. I wondered if he took advantage of live tv to say something that perhaps he wasn't meant to? I'm probably over-thinking it though.

EthelredOnAGoodDay Thu 23-Jun-11 23:31:20

I also think that Christa is funny because she has a 'tv voice' that she puts on when she is doing a serious story, or when she is doing a link up with london or something. And then the rest of the time she is just good old Yorkshire lass Christa!

Northernlurker Thu 23-Jun-11 23:36:15

I like whatsername - the other woman that had the baby? Can't think of her name - not a great sign!
Ian is a bit annoying tbh. I love Harry - now that's a proper braodcaster!

BelleDameSansMerci Thu 23-Jun-11 23:36:17

grin Ethelred - that is sooo true!

ptangyangkipperbang Thu 23-Jun-11 23:38:25

Clare Frisby?

Northernlurker Thu 23-Jun-11 23:40:56

THat's her!

Great name btw. Did you know that the tv executives wanted to retitle that play? I think the americans actually did put it out under the title 'kipper bang' hmm.

ptangyangkipperbang Thu 23-Jun-11 23:46:02

At last someone has recognised where my name comes from!
I think we're all showing on this thread how intellectual we all are - no Calendar viewers here. We've always been a BBC family - no Tiswas in our house!

EthelredOnAGoodDay Thu 23-Jun-11 23:51:08

OOh no, no Calendar in our house. BBC all the way. When we go up to stay with ILs they alsways have itv local news on [cat's bum face]...
They are over in the (whispers) north west though....

Northernlurker Thu 23-Jun-11 23:55:46

Eeeek ITV <<shudder>> in the north west <<faints>>

grin

Ptang have you read Jack Rosenthal's autobiography? It's good but sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now