Talk

Advanced search

To be paranoid that I've got an STD?

(3 Posts)
GreatBallsOfFluff Thu 23-Jun-11 20:51:08

When I was younger I was very slutty carefree and slept with quite a few different people, but I wasn't very careful blush. Three years ago I went to my local GUM clinic convinced that I had ended up with something serious and lifelong. They said "no news is good news" and that they wouldn't be contacting me if the results were all clear and I could safely say after 2 weeks that they were all clear. I still rang them after 3 weeks but she just said "well everything's fine if you haven't heard".

Having had encounters blush with a couple of people in the last 3 years, and now having been seeing someone for the past few months, I still had this niggling in the back of my head that I've caught something. Again I went back to the GUM clinic a week last Monday, and was told that this time the do let everyone know what the results are, and yesterday I had a text to say I was in the clear.

I still am totally paranoid that I have got something. There is nothing wrong that I can tell (i.e. my fanjo hasn't mutated into something resembling something from outer space) but it's just there. I don't know if it's down to all the (rightly so) scaremongering adverts and health promotions out there or linked to my own hangups I have about sex.

Does anyone else have health paranoias?

Euphemia Thu 23-Jun-11 20:52:53

I think you have what is called

a guilty conscience! wink

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 24-Jun-11 03:59:53

You need to believe that some of us do have guardian angels or are born under lucky stars grin

You're in the clear - celebrate your good fortune wine, and use condoms to minimise any future risk until your sexual partner(s) have been tested and cleared for action too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now