Talk

Advanced search

to think it's disgusting that

(8 Posts)
joben Thu 23-Jun-11 18:21:19

Competing athletes like cyclist Bradley Wiggins can't get tickets for his family and friends to watch him compete in the Olympics in his home town and country!

meditrina Thu 23-Jun-11 18:24:12

I thought all competitors were allocated two tickets for the events in which they compete.

LadyThumb Thu 23-Jun-11 18:24:24

I completely agree with you. I think the ticket system has been a total shambles.

belledechocchipcookie Thu 23-Jun-11 18:30:55

It's very disgusting, Seb Co looks so smug as well. hmm

joben Thu 23-Jun-11 18:55:23

Not sure about two tickets per competitor, but even so when 25% of tickets have gone to coroporate/hospitality businesses, 2 tickets per athlete seems mean

meditrina Fri 24-Jun-11 19:03:42

It is just two, which on reflection seems rather on the stingy side.

It's also not great for Londoners, who get to put up with all the disruption - and pay a council tax surcharge - but get nothing in return for either, really.

edwinbear Fri 24-Jun-11 19:51:44

It's also a shame when British gold olympians can't get tickets to watch the sports they won at. I saw on the news that a gold medallist sailor and I think hockey player, both in their 70's or 80's, hadn't been able to get tickets. That's sad.

mollymole Fri 24-Jun-11 20:42:54

each competitor gets 2 tickets per session that they are competing in - this makes things very harsh - who do you leave behind from Mum/Dad/Spouse
because sure as hell Mum and Dad supported you in order to get to this level,
but you can't not have your partner with you - they would be devastated.
I think that there should be 3 tickets per competitor per session but you can't expect any more really, where would the line be drawn ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now