Talk

Advanced search

Oh no, confessions of a drunk.

(11 Posts)
EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 23-Jun-11 14:20:13

So, I went to a party last week, and a friend who I haven't seen much of for ages, got drunk and basically told me her marriage was on the rocks. I was drunk, too, and made the stupid mistake of agreeing that she'd be better off without the bastard. (I really do think he's a bastard!) Of course we've both sobered up and she's really regretting it. She's texted me, saying that it's all fine again with them and not to say anything. She's remembered some comment, made years ago, about someone telling me a friend's husband was a bit hopeless around the house etc and told me that I'm really disloyal, and shouldn't talk about people behind their backs. confused

Bit of background, she was a good friend up until a few years ago, but has fallen out with everyone else I like, making me feel a bit awkward. Her son has recently started primary school last year and she's dropped me like a stone and moved on the Reception/Y1 parents. She didn't know anyone else at this party so latched on to me. I was having a great time but she brought me down with a bump with her talk of divorce.

I'm now feeling like shit. Should I just ignore her or what? I've already texted back to say that I actually like my other friend's husband, (I do like him, I think the original comment was said as 'this surprised me.')

BeerTricksPotter Thu 23-Jun-11 14:25:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 23-Jun-11 14:26:58

Bugger, good idea. Wish I hadn't texted back about my friend's lovely (but apparently shit at housework) hubby.

BeerTricksPotter Thu 23-Jun-11 14:28:50

SinicalSal Thu 23-Jun-11 14:29:01

Don't feel like shit, do exactly as BeerTricks suggests. She's a user, and you owe her nothing.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 23-Jun-11 14:35:41

Right, I've texted back using almost your words, BeerTricks. So it's all your fault if it goes tits up. grin

BeerTricksPotter Thu 23-Jun-11 14:38:03

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 23-Jun-11 14:42:02

Thank God I didn't sign it 'EllenJane'! That would have been an awkward one to explain if she ever MSs.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 23-Jun-11 14:43:15

I'm actually feeling better for getting this out on here. I had that sick feeling when I read the 'disloyal' bit.

BeerTricksPotter Thu 23-Jun-11 18:35:57

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 23-Jun-11 18:43:21

Hmm, she's de-friended me from FB now. I think it's all over. smile Plenty of other fish in the playground, to mix a metaphor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now