Talk

Advanced search

AIBU for being pissed off with the bank

(11 Posts)
charliejosh Thu 23-Jun-11 10:51:23

The bank have charged me £65 this month for unpaid dd's, yes I know thats my fault but its the first time ever and was only due to starting a new job. I have rang and complained and the cheeky cow on the phone says to me 'you need to manage your account better - I mean, you went to sainsburys and then tesco and then B&M bargains in one day, plus you have got a dd for love film and that is not a necessity' aherm, none of your facking business!!!!!

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 23-Jun-11 11:40:43

See, I read 'complaint' as 'yelling down the phone' and the woman at the other end got a bit fed up with you. You could always threaten to take your overdraft elsewhere. smile

lesley33 Thu 23-Jun-11 11:43:14

I know someone who used to work in a call centre for a credit card company. She would often tell us proudly about how she had lectured someone who was in debt about how some of their purchases were not necessary!

I agree, none of her bunsiness. I would complain.

MrsTwinks Thu 23-Jun-11 11:44:07

Umm I think it's well out of line to comment on how you spend, even if you were shoutty. I'd complain calmly about the unprofessional personal comments made in your place.

charliejosh Thu 23-Jun-11 11:47:56

I wasnt shouty at all, i just said the charges were excessive and they can obviously see that it was in the period between being paid from prev employer to new employer and not a regular occurrence. I am waiting for a call back from her manager as we speak

hellospoon Thu 23-Jun-11 13:32:56

god iv had this... the terms and conditions on your account state... blah blah fucking blah...

i get so tempted to say well the money tree didnt blossom this week.

niceguy2 Thu 23-Jun-11 13:41:31

Ok so basically you've gone into overdraft. Ie. the bank has had to lend you money. For that they are not allowed to make comment on what you spend said money on?

If I lent my mate twenty quid and he blew it on ciggies, technically it's none of my business but in practice I'd be annoyed if HE was shouting at ME and I would I therefore be unreasonable to make a couple of comments?

Basically if OP was being all shouty about being charged for going into overdraft then I don't think it's unreasonable to get a gobful back. But if she was all polite then the call centre agent was BU.

stripeytiger Thu 23-Jun-11 13:42:29

I think all the banks are as bad as each other. Funny how when you have a bit of money in your account they ring up trying to "find out if you have any plans for the money"....umm well yes I do actually but it's none of your fucking business thanks.

Banks - they give you an umbrella when it's sunny and take it away when it starts to rain.

messagetoyourudy Thu 23-Jun-11 13:43:38

I'm confused - You want to complain about the overdraft charges on your account when you spent money that you didn't have & your upset that the women at the bank has pointed out to you that you haven't managed your account properly.

I think you should be annoyed at yourself for failing to inform the bank if you knew you were going to have problems this month - they would have probably happily given you a increase in your overdraft.

Or annoyed at yourself that you have spent the banks money and they have seen fit to charge you for this service.

charliejosh Fri 24-Jun-11 16:40:11

An update - The woman I spoke to was not a financial advisor, she was a call centre worker and I have complained to be told by the manager that they listened to the call and they are very sorry and that the way I was spoken to was completely out of order

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Fri 24-Jun-11 17:07:12

Tbh sounds like she used to work in debt management grin

I was gonna say if it's the first time ever and you ca them polietly quite often you'll get a positive outcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now