Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To expect parents to look after their own kids?

(7 Posts)
readywithwellies Wed 22-Jun-11 18:26:40

In cafe in leisure centre. Two yr old dancing on a table and fell off. Parent too busy chatting. Then same group of 'parents' let another two of their kids onto the table without telling them off. What did I do? Nothing and felt guilty when kid fell but AIBU for not stopping her?

WilliamSonoma Wed 22-Jun-11 18:39:17

YANBU

I was at a soft play today and a boy had climbed on top of one of those bus ride things and couldn't get off.

He started shouting "HELP! HELP! HELP!"

Eventually a man came over and lifted him off.

Didn't see the parent or carer at all.

However, I do sometimes find it difficult to strike the balance between helicopter parent and idon'tgiveashit parent. Every time I take my eye of DS for a second he seems to end up falling/being pushed/something thrown at him, so I tend to veer toward the former blush.

readywithwellies Wed 22-Jun-11 18:58:35

Can accept it a bit more in soft play as they are supposed to play iyswim

worraliberty Wed 22-Jun-11 19:03:41

Where were the staff?

readywithwellies Wed 22-Jun-11 19:11:09

Behind the counter. Cooking. Talking.

Goblinchild Wed 22-Jun-11 19:45:10

Leisure centre cafe staff on minimum wage going to tackle parents about their children's behaviour?
Have a barney and be insulted by adults who should know better, but feel that their darling babe should be allowed to express themselves freely?
Perhaps not.
They'll just wipe the table after the barbarian horde has left.

readywithwellies Wed 22-Jun-11 21:08:11

I don't see how it is their job really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now