Talk

Advanced search

to think its a bit weird to share

(37 Posts)
slightlyunbalanced Wed 22-Jun-11 16:28:14

a FB page with your partner?

I know this is not at all important or any of my business grin.

I remember a thread a while back about couples sharing email addresses (which I also find odd).

I have a friend who has just added me on FB but its in hers and her husbands names which I find really weird esp as I don't know him very well. They also share a mobile number so I never know who is going to read the message should I text confused

QueenStromba Wed 22-Jun-11 16:33:42

Yup, that's just plain weird. Why on earth do they share a mobile?

itisnearlysummer Wed 22-Jun-11 16:34:12

I don't think it's strange. I know a few people who do it.

I wouldn't do it, but then I don't FB.

I suppose they must be confident of no one posting/texting anything they wouldn't want the other to know about!

EricNorthmansMistress Wed 22-Jun-11 16:35:01

Yes it's weird!

Empusa Wed 22-Jun-11 16:35:13

I guess it wasn't all that long ago whole households shared the same phone number wink

fedupofnamechanging Wed 22-Jun-11 16:35:53

Weird. DH and I are pretty much in each others pockets, but we still have our own fb pages

slightlyunbalanced Wed 22-Jun-11 16:36:31

I don't do anything untoward on FB that I wouldn't want my partner to see but I value my privacy (he doesn't do Facebook anyway).

slightlyunbalanced Wed 22-Jun-11 16:37:12

Empusa - yes you are right but a mobile seems so much more personal...

Supermummy74 Wed 22-Jun-11 16:38:25

We both have separate pages no way would I want to be friends with his friends and vice versa.

It screams insecurity to me. And paranoia.

Insomnia11 Wed 22-Jun-11 16:43:17

I don't see anything wrong with it if that's what people want to do. Or indeed share an e-mail account. Some people have therobinsons@isp.com, that kind of thing.

2rebecca Wed 22-Jun-11 16:43:18

The mobile thing I can understand if you don't use it much and I agree isn't much different to having a joint house phone. I see it as for people who mainly make outgoing calls on their mobile or use it to phone each other and tell friends etc to call the landline. The joint facebook is a bit cutesy, although often the bloke and I post similar things on facebook (when we can be bothered to go on it) and 1 between us would stop friends reading duplicate posts. We do have some different friends though and if I didn't know a friend's husband and they had a joint page it would make me more cautious abote what I wrote as it's like writing a joint letter to someone and less personal, not that i post anything that exciting on FB anyway.

nokissymum Wed 22-Jun-11 16:44:02

Yeah strange, ive got a couple of friends who share an email address with their spouse e.g frankieandjohnny@aol.com it puts me off emailing them becuase i never know who im sending it to iykwim.

LieInsAreRarerThanTigers Wed 22-Jun-11 16:44:54

I don't think it's actually weird if that's what you both decide to do - I wouldn't want my page cluttered with all the blokey stuff that's on his. We do share an e-mail account - also a bank account, a house, and a couple of children!

MumblingRagDoll Wed 22-Jun-11 16:47:38

I always think it's due to insecurity!

fuzzpigFriday Wed 22-Jun-11 16:50:27

I guess the FB thing is a bit weird. DH and I do have a shared email address though - we have ourmarriedsurname@blah.etc, we use it for lots of stuff, but we also each have our own email addresses. He doesn't use FB, he did set one up but didn't like it, no way would I let him use mine grin

ShoutyHamster Wed 22-Jun-11 16:51:24

What next - sharing a toothbrush? A hairbrush? A liver?

Weirdy weirdy.

usualsuspect Wed 22-Jun-11 16:53:43

yes weird ,and a bit look at us we are a loved up couple

Ephiny Wed 22-Jun-11 16:55:25

Yes that is a bit odd, probably against the facebook rules I would think.

Email addresses - depends what you use it for, sometimes it might make sense to have a shared one e.g. for business reasons where it makes sense to have either of you able to respond to messages. I would want to have my own one for personal use though.

Can't imagine sharing a mobile phone. The main thing I use my mobile for is calling DP on his, which would not really work if we shared one...

TrilllianAstra Wed 22-Jun-11 16:56:20

Yes, weird, you are two people.

Not because you woul dhave secrets but because other people should be able to interact with you separately.

nokissymum Wed 22-Jun-11 16:58:45

Problem with the shared email is, sometimes i want to share something private with frankie but cant because its johnny's email too, or it could be a girly joke that johnny really doesnt need to see because he wont get it.

Its feels like your being forced to engage both of them in discusdions all the time, plus you might not br that close to the other partner.

nokissymum Wed 22-Jun-11 16:59:26

Sorry about typod, fat fingers on ipad.

Adagoo Wed 22-Jun-11 17:01:01

The only couple I know that do it have a history of infidelity.

It's like the very worst excess of saying "my other half" <boke>

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Wed 22-Jun-11 17:02:41

find it a bit odd myself but find it odder when couples have whole conversations via fb confused when they are in the same house, and the same room. hmm

Goodynuff Wed 22-Jun-11 17:05:00

DH and I have seperate computer stuff, but for years we shared a cell phone. I only use one if I am travelling. If I hit a moose, and survive, I need to be able to call for help grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now