Talk

Advanced search

To not want to focus on sex all the time?

(102 Posts)
LoweredBrows Wed 22-Jun-11 13:29:23

I suppose he's just like most men really but DP seems to focus on sex all the time. We don't live together and he seems to think that everytime we do see each other we need to be straight up to the bedroom.

I was talking to him on facebook last night and he started on about sex again. I changed the subject, started talking about cooking (we both enjoy cooking so it's not a girly topic to us) and he started saying I could work off what I've eaten on thursday (when he comes to my house) hmm it's like everything comes back down to sex. I changed the subject again and every few minutes he sent me pictures of slutty outfits on ebay that he wants to buy me. It must have been pretty obvious I didn't want to talk about sex etc last night since I changed the subject EVERY time??

I'm starting to feel a bit like my main function for him is sex. AIBU?

valiumredhead Wed 22-Jun-11 13:31:25

How long have you been with him?

LoweredBrows Wed 22-Jun-11 13:32:19

He's coming to my house tomorow and stupidly, in an effort to get out of sex last Sunday (I just wasn't in the mood and tbh was sore anyway since we'd had sex 4 times on the saturday!) I said "I'll be feeling better by thursday" so now of course he's under the impression that sex is on the menu tomorow. I just want him to come down and us to spend a bit of time together, go for lunch etc but to him it's all about sex and I'm finding it really offputting. Although he is taking me out to lunch tomorow but is still expecting sex before we go. I'm even considering purposely forgetting my pill but why should I have to play stupid games like this?

If you want to stay with him you need to talk to him about it. Tell him that you don't want the relationship to be just about sex and see what he says.

LoweredBrows Wed 22-Jun-11 13:34:08

Been together about 2 years.

EricNorthmansMistress Wed 22-Jun-11 13:35:55

He sounds annoying.

BitOfFun Wed 22-Jun-11 13:37:27

The is the weirdo who won't let you into his house, yes?

Dump him.

LoweredBrows Wed 22-Jun-11 13:38:21

I went to his house for an hour yesterday and he's literally all over me sniffing me etc and saying my "smell" drives him wild. I used to find it funny but it's really starting to grate on me. It's like being around a humping dog. Even his texts are quite rude.

He never used to be like this, he goes through stages of it but at the moment it really is terrible, it's everytime I talk to him.

Aworryingtrend Wed 22-Jun-11 13:38:33

Cocklodger.

Him, not you.

Pumpernickel10 Wed 22-Jun-11 13:38:40

I remember this one from last week

Hammy02 Wed 22-Jun-11 13:38:50

What happened with the not being able to visit his house unannounced? Is that now resolved? I can't find the thread.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pumpernickel10 Wed 22-Jun-11 13:39:43

You talk to your partner on fb? jeez
You was on here last week dear I remember you as he never let you come round his house uninvited

LoweredBrows Wed 22-Jun-11 13:40:25

yeah it was resolved, I got my friend to pose as an avon woman, there was nobody else there, the house was just a bit messy. I was at his house yesterday.

Ragwort Wed 22-Jun-11 13:40:38

Does he have any good points?

BitOfFun Wed 22-Jun-11 13:40:46

There's this revolutionary new treatment which really helps when one person is pestering constantly for sex, or being evasive about things. It's called Having A Grown-Up Conversation.

LoweredBrows Wed 22-Jun-11 13:41:44

I've tried that BOF, he stops it for so long and then it starts up again.

Pumpernickel10 Wed 22-Jun-11 13:44:05

He sounds like a loser to me,conducting a relationship on FB is fucking childish.
Where is it going? no where no doubt and you had to spy on him too.

BitOfFun Wed 22-Jun-11 13:44:09

So why are you with him? Where is this going? Last you moved in with him, he moved out, right? And his family think you've broken up. Just what are you getting out of this relationship?

Pumpernickel10 Wed 22-Jun-11 13:44:49

This bloke is a keeper can I have one <boak>

Pumpernickel10 Wed 22-Jun-11 13:45:42

BOF don't you remember her from last week,hes such a catch!

LoweredBrows Wed 22-Jun-11 13:47:02

Well I don't know about his family because he was going to visit his dad on father's day and I said I was going with him and he was fine with it. Unless he knew deep down I wouldn't really go?
As for where it's going, I really don't know. When we're together and he's not acting like a sex-starved dog he's great. We have a laugh, we want the same things out of life, have the same ambition etc but other times I find myself sitting here thinking "what a fucking farce, find a way to end it".

I agree about facebook btw but it's the only way we get to talk to each other other than texts.

Ragwort Wed 22-Jun-11 13:47:21

Seriously Lowered - why do you stay with this dick man?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ragwort Wed 22-Jun-11 13:49:38

I am obviously very old fashioned but if my 'lover' couldn't be bothered to talk to me apart from via facebook or text messages there is no way I would stay in a relationship with him.

Show some self-respect and ditch him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now