Talk

Advanced search

surely this cant last much longer! tmi maybe?!

(4 Posts)
hellospoon Wed 22-Jun-11 11:18:09

I had my tonsils out friday just gone (have another thread about it) it has been nothing but agony since. Bleeding, fainting etc etc. Yesterday was the worst day of all I had a reaction to the tablets I was on and had to get different ones from the doc who quite frankly didn't give a shit.

I am so hungry I could cry! I crave a full english breakfast or a bacon roll. My ears are hurting so much whenever there is a noise near me! And to top it off the worst part is I havnt been able to poo since the op! My belly really really hurts!

Surely this can't go on much longer?? This ordeal is worse than the 72 hour labour and c-section I had! I feel the scabs and its awful!!

wonderfultykes Wed 22-Jun-11 11:40:41

Oh it does hurt SO much I know. I was OK after 1 wk or so (DON'T EAT ANYTHING LIKE TOMATO ITS AGONY - stick to very bland stuff, not acidic, eg chicken soup! mashed potato, plain pasta, rice, with creamy sauces). BUT NB Dsis had postop infection after tonsillectomy. If you're worried you're ill, check your temperature, get back to see a different doc.

Soopermum1 Wed 22-Jun-11 11:43:52

Are you taking codeine or co-codamol for the pain? This makes you really constipated. Maybe see if you can change painkillers or buy some laxatives or get stuck into the prunes. When I took co-codamol tablets it took a few days for my tummy to get back to normal.

hellospoon Wed 22-Jun-11 12:04:08

I'm taking co-codamol which I assume is making me blocked up. Dp is just making me some cheese on toast to try sort these scabs out.

I'm so fed up of it all now! Wondering why I agreed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now