Talk

Advanced search

I am going to list my parenting failures of the day. All before 9am. You can all kick me now.

(52 Posts)
Reality Wed 22-Jun-11 11:10:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hobnobsaremyfave Wed 22-Jun-11 11:13:28

Hormones are evil things

deepfriedcupcake Wed 22-Jun-11 11:13:57

Have a cup of tea and pretend it was all a dream?

knittedbreast Wed 22-Jun-11 11:15:06

welcome to my world

BeerTricksPotter Wed 22-Jun-11 11:15:35

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Wed 22-Jun-11 11:17:02

pinkthechaffinch Wed 22-Jun-11 11:17:39

actually apart from point 3, which was a bit unfortunate, you can justify all the others

1- it's good for children to see that you have a breaking point, maybe next time she'll get in the car
2 - I never fill in ds' bloody reading journal-he's 9 and has been free reading for ages- although according to the school he should only choose books from the BROWN level -grrr so YANBU

4- maybe she should tidy her own room.

youarekidding Wed 22-Jun-11 11:19:12

Oh dear. Not failures your normal.

Agree cup of tea needed.

OrdinaryJo Wed 22-Jun-11 11:19:25

What Beer said. But why are you taking one of your mindees for a Gin and Tonic OP?

CatIsSleepy Wed 22-Jun-11 11:20:23

<kick>

there, feel better? grin

Reality Wed 22-Jun-11 11:21:02

Reality Wed 22-Jun-11 11:23:30

BeerTricksPotter Wed 22-Jun-11 11:26:27

Chandon Wed 22-Jun-11 11:32:12

It's just that nobody tells you that when becoming a mum, you can occasionally morph into fawlty towers:

"RIGHT!!!! THAT'S IT!!" grin

Becaroooo Wed 22-Jun-11 11:33:09

reality

RR are pointless. I fill ds1's in EVERY FUCKING NIGHT and they still send him home with either; no book or the wrong level book. They are being arseholes.

I think its important that our dc see us loose our cool sometimes and see that we get upset/angry. Makes us seem more "human" to them, I think!

I will see you your faults and raise you my own;

My ds1 - aged 8 - is still having problems with literacy. Despite me trying to help him/teach him at home since he was 5. He is now being assessed for asd and dyslexia. Pretty shit mothering by anyones standards sad

lesley33 Wed 22-Jun-11 11:42:12

I agree that I think its good for children to see us lose our rag occasionally. I bet they were well behaved after that!

Reality Wed 22-Jun-11 11:42:55

emsies Wed 22-Jun-11 11:46:12

Oh Bec - you know full well asd and dyslexia aren't the fault of the parent. hug.

ThePathanKhansWoman Wed 22-Jun-11 11:48:15

You sound fucking brilliant to me, i'd have resorted to violence of some kind by now.grin.

chipmonkey Wed 22-Jun-11 11:49:01

Reality
Score ! = teaching failure, not parenting failure and teacher is uppity wench.
Score 2 = being modest and not up your own arse
Score 3 = going to traumatise dd and she will need therapy forever, NOT!

Becarooo, it is not bad parenting if your ds's brain is wired differently. Get him the help he needs, that's all you can do.

RantyMcRantpants Wed 22-Jun-11 12:01:07

Oh! and if that cup was so treasured what the bloomin' 'eck was it doing on the floor? She should have looked after it and put it on a shelf if she was that worried about it.

merlincat Wed 22-Jun-11 12:01:19

nenevomito Wed 22-Jun-11 12:05:54

Oh god, I'm a lousy mother. I call it "benign neglect".

I never remember to do DS's reading book with him and if I do, I then forget to fill in the bloody reading record.

There are so many other things that I'm sometimes surprised that I've not managed so far to do them permanent damage.

nagynolonger Wed 22-Jun-11 12:06:48

Becarooo you are not a failure.

I have managed to produce 3 dyslexic sons. All were summer born so I really did let them down! The youngest is now 15 and just finished his GCSEs. He hopes to do maths, physics, chemistry and may be PE post 16. Just hope he passes english.

It is really hard work for them but they have to learn to work at things. Some of the DC who were so far ahead in primary didn't put the effort in. They had been told they were G&T and ended up in lower groups for GCSEs

Pumpernickel10 Wed 22-Jun-11 12:08:21

Sounds normal to me I don't see them as failures

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now