Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think Cameron of all people should know better...

(25 Posts)
relish3 Tue 21-Jun-11 19:01:09

Am really angry with cameron in the way he is going about these cuts...especially going after people with disabilities..especially the children...to think parents with a child with disability will loose £1,400 a year is a deliberate attack on the vulnerable! Most of whom can't speak up for themselves.
Cameron's son was severely disabled before his death..he knows the pains and struggles to bring up a child with disabilities first hand...Shame on you Cameron! He should be making life easy for parents and carers, not adding to their worries!angry!

sharbie Tue 21-Jun-11 19:05:18

agree totally but what did you expect?? tories.

i doubt he had that much to do with the pain and struggles wrt bringing up a disabled child - nannies and pots of money make things a lot easier.

BelleDameSansMerci Tue 21-Jun-11 19:06:32

I suspect that Mr Cameron's multi-million pound fortune softens the struggling somewhat...

This Government appears to possess a total lack compassion and empathy IMO. I strongly suspect this is because very few of them have the first idea of what it's like to be in need.

AnyFucker Tue 21-Jun-11 19:09:09

Cameron has never felt the real, practical difficulties of caring for a disabled child

He comes from a privileged, wealthy background, how could he understand the daily grind of financial worries and cuts to lifeline services that the ordinary joe has to endure ?

pointydog Tue 21-Jun-11 19:18:17

Just like Thatcher should have known better because she was a woman?

starmucks Tue 21-Jun-11 19:31:29

I dislike the coalition intensely, and I agree that Cameron is fucking clueless when it comes to understanding that there a point beyond you can cut no further without seriously compromising the welfare of those in need. BUT he does know about being parent to a disabled child, granted they did have help but they also had two highly paid jobs to pay for this. Secondly his father had no legs below the knee but went on to have a successful career, so there is no doubt a sense of courage can conquer all. The problem with Cameron is that his experience of disability has been cushioned by wealth. The issues facing those with no money and disability are far harder than those who can throw money at the situation.

HHLimbo Tue 21-Jun-11 20:02:06

Well Im sure the nannies/carers/nurses knew the struggles.

Cameron is a Tory.

smallwhitecat Tue 21-Jun-11 20:03:54

Message withdrawn

Clytaemnestra Tue 21-Jun-11 20:06:06

"Cameron is a Tory."

So, Tories don't care when their children die? Hell, maybe they EAT them.

Agree with SWC, it's foul to say that he had no idea about his son.

starmucks Tue 21-Jun-11 20:26:08

Clearly money doesn't "insulate" from the pain of having a disabled child but it does help with practical issues.

smallwhitecat Tue 21-Jun-11 20:28:14

Message withdrawn

AnyFucker Tue 21-Jun-11 20:42:27

no

don't put words in people's mouths please

this thread is about the financial pressures faced by millions of families in this country

there was no inference that Cameron did not feel the impact of having a disabled child and losing him so tragically in every other way

does everyone agree with the cuts to vulnerable people's services then ?

do you trust Cameron to have a handle on what it is like for the average family ?

Chen23 Tue 21-Jun-11 20:44:39

Cameron's wealth has undoubtedly insulated him from a lot (most?) of the day to day practical challenges but it would be incredibly crass to in any way diminish the emotional suffering he must have gone through.

"granted they did have help but they also had two highly paid jobs to pay for this."

I doubt their highly paid jobs would have been what covered the expenses, they're both independently wealthy with extremely large sums of inherited money. Cameron's first job in CCHQ came to him via a recommendation from Buckingham Palace and his only other job via Sam Cam's mum (Viscountess Astor), who made a plea to her close friend the TV magnate Michael Green to give her future son in law a job despite him having zero experience in media.

Not to belittle Dave's (considerable) achievements but at virtually every stage of his life he has had most things handed to him on a platter and he has had pretty much every possible advantage in life.

None of this in any way diminishes what he went through with Ivan, and whilst I think Dave is a lightweight PR snake I wouldn't question his attitude to the disabled.

mdowdall Tue 21-Jun-11 20:46:23

Osborne is calling the shots here. Cameron is just his bitch.

smallwhitecat Tue 21-Jun-11 21:05:15

Message withdrawn

Strumpypumpy Tue 21-Jun-11 21:25:28

It's a bit harsh to say the least that the Camerons were insulated from the issues of having child born with disabilities, who subsequently died. No parent can get over that. Shame on you who suggest that. A friend of mine has a son with severe problems. Reliant on oxygen, renal failure etc. Everytime he picks up an infection they have an ethical and moral dilemma to deal with. He is invariably admitted to hospital and the prognosis is never good. But so far he has fought each time and survived. They are able to employ a full time carer and give a "normal" life to their other child. Parents make extremely difficult choices daily. And none of us knows how the Camerons felt.

sharbie Tue 21-Jun-11 21:32:31

some of us on here do have a very good idea of the realities

Strumpypumpy Tue 21-Jun-11 21:37:22

I absolutely appreciate that and I for one have no idea of the realities. But I made my point above.

pretentiouswasteoftime Tue 21-Jun-11 21:39:32

I don't think DC had to worry about the cost of supporting his child financially. I didn't get the impression that anyone was suggesting this either. What IS being suggested is that those of us who rely on this extra tax credit to support a child with disabilities will miss it when it goes. In my case it will make working nigh on impossible/ not worthwhile. In the end it will cost them far more... still never mind eh!
And yes I will say it - fucking heartless scumbag Govt. Tory/LibDem whatever they want to call themselves.

DogsBestFriend Tue 21-Jun-11 21:40:32

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this not the man who had no idea of the cost or availability of state-provided nappies for disabled children? If so, do you really expect any different from a man who has no idea whatsoever of what financial hardship means?

sharbie Tue 21-Jun-11 21:41:12

exactly ask riven what she thinks

pretentiouswasteoftime Tue 21-Jun-11 21:41:17

Well said AnyDucker

MarioandLuigi Tue 21-Jun-11 21:44:21

DC knows full well of the emotional implications that having a disabled child brings.

However he has no idea of the financial and emotional burden that comes hand in hand with a child with a disability.

DogsBestFriend Tue 21-Jun-11 21:46:03

Thanks Sharbie, I thought I hadn't dreamt it!

The bloody man needs a kicked arse! Shame Riven didn't grab the opportunity on the behalf of all parents of disabled children!

pretentiouswasteoftime Tue 21-Jun-11 21:46:07

SWC why do you defend a man behind such cuts which will affect so many people? People who cate for the most vulnerable in society. And you put words in people's mouths. Nobody said that it wasn't hard for DC to lose a child. TheOP made a point of acknowledging his less. Fact is though that he did not ever have to worry about the day to day financial costs of caring for his child. The same cannot be said for the rest of us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now