Talk

Advanced search

to want to go back to work just so someone else....

(9 Posts)
betterwhenthesunshines Tue 21-Jun-11 17:58:44

... can do all the boring domestic stuff, supervise homework, cook tea to be told no one likes it, tell 9yr old to BLOW YOUR NOSE for the millionth time.... aargh is this really it?!

sorry, bad day.

minipie Tue 21-Jun-11 18:11:06

YANBU. Could you go back to work?

Omigawd Tue 21-Jun-11 18:11:13

Go for it, if it keeps you sane thats what is best for the DC too!

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 21-Jun-11 18:14:19

Yanbu.

I love working nights as it means dh has to do packed lunches.

curlycat Tue 21-Jun-11 18:20:21

i work and i still do all the snotty noses, homework, tea, clubsa nd evrything else cos DH is on crappy shifts all the time so i do feel your pain!

betterwhenthesunshines Tue 21-Jun-11 18:44:17

That's the prob with going back to work. It would still be me doing all this stuff too as I wouldn't earn enough to pay for nanny. DH's job would always be the main earner so mine would come way down the list and all the day-to-day stuff would still be up to me. Just stuff like spending 40 minutes on hold today to the bloody electricity company.

Also I do actually want to be the one who is here for DC - I would just like something else as well!

pointydog Tue 21-Jun-11 18:51:07

Isn't a 9 year old out the house for 7 hours a day?

betterwhenthesunshines Tue 21-Jun-11 18:58:39

Yep -it should be getting easier! (Also have a 6yr old BTW) Actually it is easier, there's still lots of stuff to do at home ( cue endless list, dog walk, gardening, laundry, bills blah blah) but yes, there is actually time to do more. Also restore furniture, paint and exhibit art work, have done party planning sales...

I am trying to work out what to do that's worth it financially / time wise. Just had v. unrewarding day and would appreciate a pat on the back! Not going to get it from aformentioned kids! Needy of me I know, not looking for sympathy, just others who are also stuck! smile

pointydog Tue 21-Jun-11 19:07:06

It's always rubbish to have a frustrating day. And always good to make plans for the future. Hope you find something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now