Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To want XIAOQ and all variants of initials thereafter to bog off and stop spamming?

(7 Posts)
Fimbo Tue 21-Jun-11 14:07:21

Grrrr some stupid American company. Loads and loads of deletions staring with the XIA0Q part and then adding things like KK or SS to the end. Must be the biggest headached for MNHQ.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 21-Jun-11 14:11:29

Having just finished reading 'Delete This At Your Peril... the e-mails of Bob Servant' (v funny, recommend) I'm tempted to write back and see if I can get a mini-series out of it smile

HopeEternal Tue 21-Jun-11 14:12:30

Is that what it is? Legal has been full of those deleted posts the last few days. I wondered what I was missing.

Oh, YANBU. I moderated a site that was regularly targeted by these sort of advertising bots and it was a PITA to deal with.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 21-Jun-11 14:15:03

Oh yes. Drives me bonkers.

I said it on another thread, but if I could be sure that it was a real site and not a virus waiting to be downloaded, I'd hop on to their website and play up!

Fimbo Tue 21-Jun-11 14:15:24

It's a clothing company.

Fimbo Tue 21-Jun-11 14:16:21

Arrgghhh I hope it's not a virus, because I never thought and clicked it. But that was yesterday and nothing has happened to the pc {yet}. Yikes.

KatyMac Tue 21-Jun-11 14:20:23

218 messages deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now