Talk

Advanced search

not being able to find that thread

(46 Posts)
BabyYoureAFirework Tue 21-Jun-11 12:33:54

about the poor woman who lived in a separate house from her husband, and didn't have a key, whilst he was having dinner parties and such? I thought I marked it 'watching' - was it deleted?

cookielove Tue 21-Jun-11 12:40:44

I just checked my 'i'm on' list and it has disappeared, i assume it has been deleted

BabyYoureAFirework Tue 21-Jun-11 12:43:10

Bugger. I really wanted to see how it turned out. Thanks though smile

CoteDAzur Tue 21-Jun-11 12:45:04

Is there nothing people won't put in AIBU?

YABU.

Shoesytwoesy Tue 21-Jun-11 12:46:32

wow I have only just realised you can watch threads

BabyYoureAFirework Tue 21-Jun-11 13:42:14

I had to, Cote - it was the quickest way to get a response. And I did adjust the title of my thread to reflect.

<hoists bosom>

GypsyMoth Tue 21-Jun-11 13:51:18

why was it deleted? anyone?

cookielove Tue 21-Jun-11 13:57:12

I assume either the word troll was shouted, or the OP maybe asked for it to be removed.

cookielove Tue 21-Jun-11 13:58:01

I can't remember the thread title or the name of the OPoster [Very forgetful is me]

CoteDAzur Tue 21-Jun-11 14:07:36

You had to get an immediate response because someone would die if you didn't know what happened to that thread right away? hmm

BabyYoureAFirework Wed 22-Jun-11 12:18:23

Apologies, CoteDAzur, I was unaware of your promotion to the thread/bandwidth police hmm

Pumpernickel10 Wed 22-Jun-11 12:26:35

YABU it's been deleted because the op requested it to be, so stop rubbernecking I'm sure there's more juicy topics on here to get your claws into [ grin]
Remember an op doesn't come back as a the bun fighting that breaks out on shut threads.

Pumpernickel10 Wed 22-Jun-11 12:29:58

I'm with cote on this one, the vicar thread got me, someone even started a thread to find out what happened to her. Jeez. Luckiky me and other MNers reported it and got it shut down. People where posting rubbing hands to see what was going to happen. It's like a car crash on MN.

HarlotOTara Wed 22-Jun-11 12:38:25

But surely posting on a public messageboard means that people will read the posts and will wonder what happened if they disappear. I don't see what is wrong with that. If you don't want the world to know what is happening in your real life then don't post on a messageboard. I wondered where it had gone but assumed someone had asked for it to be deleted.

Also some posters get caught up in a story, invest a lot of emotional energy and take it personally if the thread disappears or the OP stops posting. Again, nature of the beast surely. I can't understand the pious attitude towards this sort of thing. Everyone on MN is reading posts for all sorts of reasons and some of them are because we are nosey. C'est la vie

BabyYoureAFirework Wed 22-Jun-11 12:42:10

Exactly! I read the thread in the last half an hour of work the other day, and then went to check what had happened and it had gone. So I enquired about it. This sort of attitude annoys me beyond belief. What's it to you if I start a thread that doesn't interest you personally?

What's the big deal? <shrugs>

BabyYoureAFirework Wed 22-Jun-11 12:43:08

And I wasn't 'rubbing my hands', *Pumpernickel. I felt sorry for the woman. If that's alright with you, like.

Pumpernickel10 Wed 22-Jun-11 13:00:32

Feel sorry for her by all means but don't create another thread, it's been deleted probably by the op if she wants to tell you she would have, in this case she doesn't so respect her wishes.

Pumpernickel10 Wed 22-Jun-11 13:01:21

If you feel for the woman PM her don't start a thread asking what's happened

BabyYoureAFirework Wed 22-Jun-11 14:08:23

You know... I'm going to leave this now, because it's all a bit pathetic, frankly. But how can I PM her when I don't even know her username?

Please don't try and police my posting. You're as aware as I am that it really is none of your business.

Well - by posting it on a public forum, you made it her business, didn't you, Baby.

Pumpernickel10 Wed 22-Jun-11 14:19:25

When you put a post up on here its everyone's business. I am not policing I was stating you was BU for asking,don't post on here if you don't like these type of answers,you have to handle the rough with the smooth on MN, yes it is pathetic wondering why someone as deleted their own post.

BabyYoureAFirework Wed 22-Jun-11 14:23:06

<Well - by posting it on a public forum, you made it her business, didn't you, Baby>

Yes. As was the original post. EVERYONE's business. Precisely why I believe I'm perfectly entitled to ask what happened to it. I didn't know it was deleted until I asked the question. Blimey.

dickiedavisthunderthighs Wed 22-Jun-11 14:23:35

I think some people forget that these are people's real lives we're dealing with here, not fucking Eastenders.

Pumpernickel10 Wed 22-Jun-11 14:36:06

Exactly dickie they are not here to entertain you and to have deleted their post shows you baby that they have no more to say,so move on.
That op would have asked to have it deleted. nothing more as shes getting on with her life.

BabyYoureAFirework Wed 22-Jun-11 14:42:42

I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS DELETED!! THAT'S WHY I ASKED! Fucksake.

I was concerned about the woman. I didn't have time to read the whole thread because I was at work, and I wanted to read it til the end when I got home.

Some people here do make me laugh. I can imagine you all tutting away at the imagined lack of posting etiquette. It's a forum. ANYONE can ask what they like, say what they like, post what they like, and surprisingly, it's NOT your jobs to be the monitor. Save your browbeating for your husbands, eh? I'm sure they're well used to it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now