Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to donate old bra's?

(27 Posts)
wrongdecade Tue 21-Jun-11 11:49:14

becasue of the medication I'm on I'm going up a cup size continuously and I don't want to chuck them away if they may go to a better cause, I've heard little whispers of people donating them to like peopl in third world countries which I think is better than like a charity shop.

has anyone done it??

MumGoneCrazy Tue 21-Jun-11 11:50:55

I haven't done it but I think it's a brilliant idea smile

wrongdecade Tue 21-Jun-11 11:53:26

I've looked at a few and say the can't donate anything to sexy, what constitutes too sexy?

NewTeacher Tue 21-Jun-11 11:55:16

in our local leisure centre car park we have a collection box to donate bras (like the ones used for bottles and clothes) its a great idea

HarrietJones Tue 21-Jun-11 11:56:10

No idea , dh used to know a bloke who bought them from charity shops for his melons growing in the greenhouse!

Butterbur Tue 21-Jun-11 11:59:40

Nope, YANBU to donate old bras.

However, you ARE being U to spell it "bra's". What's the apostrophe for?And in the title too!

wrongdecade Tue 21-Jun-11 12:01:58

Butterbur
morningglory2.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/grammarpolice.jpg
grin

wrongdecade Tue 21-Jun-11 12:02:29

yeah my bad sorry all

jeee Tue 21-Jun-11 12:04:17

When I was getting rid of my feeding bras I asked a few charity shops whether they wanted them. Oxfam was the only one who said yes.

ThisIsJustASagaNow Tue 21-Jun-11 12:04:25

'dh used to know a bloke who bought them from charity shops for his melons growing in the greenhouse!' Love it!grin

Um I guess if they're in good nick, then yes. I can't imagine anyone would want any of my grey old offerings <ashamedblush>

Butterbur Tue 21-Jun-11 12:14:46

Where do I get one wrongdecade? grin

ErinGoBraLess Tue 21-Jun-11 12:16:13

Yes its a fantastic idea and I have sent a huge package to Thats Life! Magazine's appeal.

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 21-Jun-11 12:17:29

I believe Oxfam will take them.

wrongdecade Tue 21-Jun-11 13:44:07

I'd rather them go to a third world or an organisation to help under priviliged women that a shop iyswim

good stuff Erin

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 21-Jun-11 13:46:30

Wrongdecade: Oxfam take them and send them to third world countries hmm. I don't think they'd find much of a market for second hand bras in this country!

Baby2b Tue 21-Jun-11 13:49:19

Knickers for Africa is a really worthwhile charity. Sorry can't post link, but comes up easy on google. They take used bras and it makes a huge difference to the people involved.

breatheslowly Tue 21-Jun-11 14:04:21

Bravissimo seems to take them. Not sure what they do with them.

LolaRennt Tue 21-Jun-11 14:48:47

I dontate bras and pants etc to women's shelters. Some of the women who end up there have litterally the clothes on their back and nothing else

lifeistooshort Tue 21-Jun-11 14:50:41

There is a charity that especially takes bra.I will see if I can find it again

lifeistooshort Tue 21-Jun-11 14:51:37

that one

http://www.breasttalk.co.uk/bra-appeal/

Tortu Tue 21-Jun-11 14:59:39

Bravissimo do take them.
Have to also say that as someone who's spent a lot of time working in third world countries- your bras are invaluable. You can't actually buy new bras in the particular country I last lived in, so I went and bought a whole load of cheap ones in Primark one Christmas as gifts for my staff. Don't think I could have given a better present- they were embarrassingly grateful.
I've also seen second hand ones being sold cheaply in the markets and women are so proud of them that, ahem, I've seen people wearing them ontop of t-shirts.
Please donate!

wrongdecade Tue 21-Jun-11 18:43:02

which country Tortu?

thanks for link lifeistooshort

wrongdecade Tue 21-Jun-11 18:45:39

I dread to think how much the postage will cost lol

pinkhebe Tue 21-Jun-11 18:50:57

we have a bra bank up the road grin

Nefret Tue 21-Jun-11 18:51:15

I am glad I foudn this post, I have a few that I bought when I was pregnant and a larger size that are no good now but I never threw them away because they were in good condition. I will send them off to the bra appeal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now