Talk

Advanced search

to ask you if I will be alone forever, am forty, have three kids and been dumped by 'D'H

(70 Posts)
dumpedandforty Mon 20-Jun-11 22:36:11

Title says it all really. Am I doomed to spend the rest of my life alone?

sad

Bearcrumble Mon 20-Jun-11 22:37:34

Are you attractive, interesting and/or solvent?

GreenEyesandHam Mon 20-Jun-11 22:39:20

Can't say whether you'll meet someone else but can safely say there is no prerequisite that you will spend the rest of your life feeling unhappy smile

BitOfFun Mon 20-Jun-11 22:39:36

I wouldn't have thought so, no, and I'm sure it's perfectly possible to enjoy relationships again, even if they don't last forever. Not having a man around for a while while you dust yourself off might even make a nice change...

How long have you been single? How old are your kids?

xstitch Mon 20-Jun-11 22:39:55

Only if you want to be alone. 40 isn't old you know.

TBH I have always thought it is better to be single than with wrong man.

If you are only just going through a breakup be kind to yourself. Take your time and concentrate on yourself and your children. Then when you are feeling stronger you can maybe see who is out there.

ILoveYouToo Mon 20-Jun-11 22:40:13

I doubt it very much, although it probably feels like that now. sad

I'm sorry things are so shit for you at the moment. This too will pass. {{{hug}}}

BeerTricksPotter Mon 20-Jun-11 22:40:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dumpedandforty Mon 20-Jun-11 22:41:07

attractive-ish but no model! and since 40th birthday everything is going downhill.

interesting? possibly

solvent, single mother to 3 young children - nope!

FabbyChic Mon 20-Jun-11 22:42:04

Hey no one has to be alone forever, however you do have to get over your ex first, spend tine alone getting to know you again before even considering another relationship.

dumpedandforty Mon 20-Jun-11 22:42:33

and my punctuation has gone to shit!

cjbartlett Mon 20-Jun-11 22:43:54

If you really want to find someone try Internet dating , Guadiana soulmates is a good site

dumpedandforty Mon 20-Jun-11 22:44:34

Was told today by a helpful 'friend' that I have more chance of being knocked over by a double decker than of meeting someone decent who wants to 'take on' a 40 plus single mother with 3 children. Not what I needed to hear. Am not actually looking for another relationship yet at all, but don't want to think that I will NEVER be loved again.

AuntiePickleBottom Mon 20-Jun-11 22:44:41

there are many men who will not see children from a previous relationship as a turn off.

PonceyMcPonce Mon 20-Jun-11 22:44:47

No, you will spend a year licking your wounds and regaining your self confidence.

You will change your hair, redecorate or move and get a (new) job.
you may go on holiday and have fun.

You will build a new social life and your joie de vivre will grow.

You will meet a few dodgy wankers and have some dodgy dates, then laugh about them with your mates. Then you will fall head over heels with someone who is mad for you and fit in a pre-menopause baby.

Now, off you go and make it happen.

xstitch Mon 20-Jun-11 22:47:24

Not much of a friend then. There are some men who will be put off. Those who would be put off are not the ones you want though, just remember that. poncey makes much more sense than your 'friend'.

dumpedandforty Mon 20-Jun-11 22:48:00

I like the sound of that Poncey. Hurrah grin

AuntiePickleBottom Mon 20-Jun-11 22:48:19

wishes MN would have a like button for PonceyMcponce post

xstitch Mon 20-Jun-11 22:49:22

Me too auntie smile

M0naLisa Mon 20-Jun-11 22:49:35

No my mums fiancee walked out when she was 40, 2 years later she met someone and now she has been a married 6 years they have been together 8 years (i think)

kaid100 Mon 20-Jun-11 22:55:12

I would dump that friend, OP. You'll meet someone new when you are ready. smile

PonceyMcPonce Mon 20-Jun-11 22:55:27

The hair change is crucial. It is the first step. If a couple split and she changes her hair, you know she is starting to move on and will never take the arse back.

So, what is your hair like now?

dumpedandforty Mon 20-Jun-11 22:55:37

Did she have 3 kids Mona? <desperate>

xstitch Mon 20-Jun-11 22:56:56

I know a lady who is in her early 50s now. Has been with her partner 8 years now although may be 9. They can't agree the date they met grin. She has 4 children btw.

dumpedandforty Mon 20-Jun-11 22:58:13

I look slightly like a depressed spaniel at the moment hair wise. I am one hot ladeee.

M0naLisa Mon 20-Jun-11 22:59:30

no she had 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now