Talk

Advanced search

To be worrying that party entertainer won't turn up!

(20 Posts)
Ismeyes Mon 20-Jun-11 22:11:46

I've done the RSVP worrying, and now that is all over and party is this weekend, all I keep worrying about is that the party entertainer won't turn up. I have no reason to think this at all, I'm sure I'm being overanxious, so please reassure me! They will come won't they.....?

Am I completely strange?!

Sidge Mon 20-Jun-11 22:14:16

Of course they will, or they don't earn any money!

Have a fun time smile

ineedabodytransplant Mon 20-Jun-11 22:15:21

If it was me I would be glad a party entertainer didn't show up

But I did say if it was me..

Ismeyes Mon 20-Jun-11 22:18:33

Good point re:money!

I won't be glad, they have to come, its been promised on the invites!

MumblingRagDoll Mon 20-Jun-11 22:24:28

Yes they will! If you are a weirdo organised like me though...you will take 7 telephone numbers with you to the venue...local of course....for reserves.one of whom will be available if the unthinkable happens!

Amieesmum Mon 20-Jun-11 22:25:24

I run a small Entertainments company - and i've never heard of anyone not turning up - Good luck - relax and enjoy the party

caramelwaffle Mon 20-Jun-11 22:26:38

What type of party entertainer?

(attempts to distract OP)

stealthsquiggle Mon 20-Jun-11 22:27:59

Call/email and reconfirm

Then you will move on to worrying that RSVPs or no RSVPs, all the guests will drop out...grin

Panzee Mon 20-Jun-11 22:29:59

Is it this man?

elphabadefiesgravity Mon 20-Jun-11 22:30:52

For small time I used to run children's parties and I used to call 7 days before to check details and the specific entertainer who was going used to call 2 days before. There was no real need to do this other than to reassure the parent.

porcamiseria Mon 20-Jun-11 22:30:57

I am sure they will, bloody kids parties. STRESS!

caramelwaffle Mon 20-Jun-11 22:31:32

Ahhhh I knew it! So knew it! do not click link
Hahaha

caramelwaffle Mon 20-Jun-11 22:34:08

<realises saying "do not click" / nevergoogle" is like catnip to MNetters>

grin

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Mon 20-Jun-11 22:39:38

As stealth has suggested, give them a call to confirm the booking and check that they have logged the correct date, time, and address.

Ismeyes Tue 21-Jun-11 07:00:50

I have emailed and checked, all is set up, its just me! I don't have reserves, although feel better am not that anxious! Yes, I am worrying that nobody will turn up despite rsvps too. I will need a big glass of wine and a diazepam on sat night.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 21-Jun-11 07:15:31

relax -they will turn up and if they dont then the kids will just play

not worth getting stressed about kids partys

Scholes34 Tue 21-Jun-11 09:02:36

This is the thing I used to hate most about organising events for the PTA. Everyone used to turn up, but I was always surprised how little time they needed to set up, so they always seemed to be cutting it fine. Might be a good idea for your own sanity to check what time they expect to arrive if, like me, you easily get stressed out by this kind of thing!

MardyBra Tue 21-Jun-11 09:05:35

If the party entertainer doesn't turn up then imagine the negative publicity they would get. Nobody would book them again.

Heynonymouse Tue 21-Jun-11 10:53:53

We once had a magician who didn't turn up - and we didn't have his mobile phone number so couldn't contact him to find out why he wasn't there. (DH made the original booking hmm.) The magician later told us he'd had a family emergency which meant him rushing off to the other side of the country, forgetting to take our contact details with him.

But, you know, it really didn't matter. We improvised some games and a quick scavenger hunt in the garden (feather, leaf, something beginning with 'g', anything old . . .), but even without that the children would have had a great time. They just enjoyed being all together, messing about.

So, try not to worry. Have a few back-up games in mind, make sure you have the entertainer's mobile number and think about how good you'll feel when it's all over!

olderandwider Tue 21-Jun-11 12:06:26

Mouse - the same happened to me at my DS's 5th b'day party. After the panic subsided, I just improvised, with the help of my heroic friends.

We organised races in the garden with stickers as prizes, played musical statues, pass the parcel, musical chairs. And it was all fine. The 5 year olds all had a blast, including DS.

Moral - Mums can cope with anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now