Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think some of you are really spiteful?

(191 Posts)
2andanonion Mon 20-Jun-11 22:06:43

Regarding weight issues.

Fat = eat monster.

It's not always that way. 20 years ago my OH was fit and sporty bloke; out every night football, training, squash, tennis, cricket, golf. Not a boozer or a fondness for takeaways.

We had several close deaths one after the other which caused the onset of type 2 diabetes. (Go google. shock can cause type 2) That escalated into HBP and cholesterol problems. Two heart attacks at 40.

Sport still very much part of his life until he had an injury that incapaciated him for 18 months until he had an operation to repair the injury and left him immobile.

I'm just looking at his last prescriptions. 26 different drugs a day. He's put on 10 stone.

HBP & cholesterol = no fat. Diabetic = no sugar (that includes alcohol)

Can't even manage around of golf now due to the destruction of the nerve endings in his legs and feet.

The discolouration of his legs really means that gangrene will set in sooner rather than later. Amputation will follow.

But some of you will equate fat to being a scoffing git who deserves it. Even though his diet is so boringly plain and his weight is largely drug induced.

Don't worry. We both work. Don't claim any benefits either. Would hate to be a fat burden on you all.

GypsyMoth Mon 20-Jun-11 22:08:23

majority of cases are over eaters,those were the ones being discussed!

ssd Mon 20-Jun-11 22:09:45

i love the spteful posts sometimes, its the arse lickers i cant abide

op don't read stuff if it upsets you

GwendolineMaryLacey Mon 20-Jun-11 22:11:38

Still not ok to treat them like some sort of entertainment even if they are overeating. The attitudes to weight on here are a real MN low point.

joric Mon 20-Jun-11 22:13:14

sad

Birdsgottafly Mon 20-Jun-11 22:14:42

Op there is alot of ignorance spouted on those threads, just avoid them. Why listen to the opinions of people who aren't medical experts, haven't carried out extensive research and are talking crap?

TakeMeDrunkImHome Mon 20-Jun-11 22:16:08

If you don't like it, don't read it. Simples.

Serenitysutton Mon 20-Jun-11 22:16:33

Yabu. It's not all about you.

FabbyChic Mon 20-Jun-11 22:17:58

I got up to 12 stone, on a 5ft 2" frame thats obese, I had to buy size 16 trousers for gods sake, and you know why I was so fucking fat, cos I ate too many donuts, I ate too many sweets.

Got so bad I had trouble wiping my own arse.

I lost over 2 stone, have a stone to go.

People are what they eat. No excuses.

I comfort ate, I ate because I was sick of people looking at me because I was fit, so in order to get round that thought right fuck it I get fat so no one looks at me.

Oh but they did, they thought poor cow look so fat her back is causing her problems.

When my son told me I was fat all over and had a fat back, I went on a diet.

Before that I would never look at myself naked, I refused to bathe because I couldn't look at myself, I never looked in the mirror.

Why? Because I was fat and I was fat because I ate myself fat.

joric Mon 20-Jun-11 22:18:17

I think some people assume the worst of others even when given the facts- they are often a bit messed up themselves, just ignorant or a bit thick. Don't take it to heart.

bellavita Mon 20-Jun-11 22:19:43

<<yawn>>

Empusa Mon 20-Jun-11 22:23:19

Try to ignore it, opinions like that aren't worth your worry. You wont change their minds.

Focus on your self and your husband, I hope things get better from you, sounds like you've had a really rough time.

It's horrible to feel so helpless in the face of it all, and to feel judged on top of it.

I often feel like yelling at people not to assume anything. I was practically bed bound for a year, and of course the weight piled on. Trying to shift it without being able to exercise much is hellishly slow.

joric Mon 20-Jun-11 22:23:56

Amazing how people are ranting - and I mean ranting about fat lazy scoffers on this thread ! Have some of you not READ the OP??!!

Birdsgottafly Mon 20-Jun-11 22:24:40

OP i don't know why you are bothering tbh, it is a pity that for some it isn't as easy not to be so stupid, as it is to lose weight. Ask your doctoe for his (or her!) opinion don't bother on here.

Empusa Mon 20-Jun-11 22:25:01

I'm pretty certain people have seen the word "fat" and ignored the rest.

Serenitysutton Mon 20-Jun-11 22:25:15

Who is ranting?

Tortington Mon 20-Jun-11 22:26:24

its all about me being a non smoker you fuckers

M0naLisa Mon 20-Jun-11 22:27:48

2andanonion if this is wrt the morbidly obese thread, you will find that that was about people who have a problem with eating not a medical condition.

Serenitysutton Mon 20-Jun-11 22:27:58

But are you a non smoker or are you a non smoker with... Special circumstances???

quirrelquarrel Mon 20-Jun-11 22:29:16

I think "aggressive" or "comfortable" is the word, but not "spiteful".

I'm pretty new but everyone's been respectful to me. Then again, it's not like I've said anything wildly controversial! Controversy invites heat. If you can't deal with it, don't, but don't go throwing words like "spite" around because that's on a different level. It's more plain talking here, not malicious or underhand.

GwendolineMaryLacey Mon 20-Jun-11 22:29:54

Bloody hell, I only came on here to get away from you on FB grin

amothersplaceisinthewrong Mon 20-Jun-11 22:30:08

MOST, (I grant you not all) people are fat because they eat too muich. A minoirty will be fat due for medical reasons.

BeerTricksPotter Mon 20-Jun-11 22:30:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

joric Mon 20-Jun-11 22:31:15

Let me see.. Pretty long rant a few threads up.. Agree with birdsgottafly.

porcamiseria Mon 20-Jun-11 22:32:17

yanbu

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: