Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to have not confessed, am guilt ridden and a Very Bad Friend...

(16 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Mon 20-Jun-11 21:54:42

omg...
i have this friend, and i love her dearly. We dont always see each other weekly but we both work etc....

this week she had a family funeral to go to and asked me if i would go and let their dog out, i explained that i was coming off a night shift but would do it when i got up....

so today i got up. i pottered about. i made the kids their tea. and at TEN TO SEVEN i remembered....
in my defence i work full time, shifts, am barely lucid by the time i come off a night shift but this is no excuse i fear...

well i have never ever got changed so fast....i wanted DH to come with me and i was changed out of pyjamas and out the door before he even got his boots on....i had no knickers or bra on and went in my slippers....bed hair and panda eyes completed this look

i had pulled my achilles tendon and have been limping for days....i can comfirm that blind panic cures this ailment in a trice...

i abandoned the car on someone elses parking space and raced in to find them all home....

the dog comes and greets me like an old friend. my old friend says "was she ok?" and me....well i had gone with good intentions

i am feeble and weak.

i said "of course, she was an angel, no problems at all, ive just brought your keys back"
i am not sure if she believed me or not....out of the corner of my eye i could see what looked like a patch of freshly cleaned carpet...

i am racked with guilt. i should have just fessed up but i couldnt bring myself, a fellow animal lover, to tell her that i had completely forgotten all about her pooch...so i smiled and made out that all had been well when i left earlier in the day....

god is going to strike me down for my bare faced lie....or she is going to wonder why i had no bra on and looked red faced and flustered...which do you reckon will happen first?

moondog Mon 20-Jun-11 21:56:21

grin

Jilkh Mon 20-Jun-11 21:57:34

I'd bake a cake, write a sorry card, and go round to explain. If you tell it just like you've told it here, a reasonable person would see how it had happened.

As it is, you'll be awkward and wondering if she suspects anything, which will be no good for the friendship.

applechutney Mon 20-Jun-11 21:59:20

Say nothing at all - the dog's hardly going to start blabbing.

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 20-Jun-11 21:59:47

arent i just going to make it worse though? im a reasonable person and even i cant see how it happened...

FabbyChic Mon 20-Jun-11 22:01:45

Leave it as it is, you done good! Brilliant!

WhoAteMySnickers Mon 20-Jun-11 22:01:52

Keep quiet and hope that the dog doesn't grass you up!

moondog Mon 20-Jun-11 22:02:02

Ah, but the dog might have an extra glass of wine one night and let it slip.
Best get in there first.

I once looked after my grandmother's dog years ago and was given doom ridden warnings about feeding it bones which of course I ignored.

A week or so later it had to have an operation to remove chicken bones from its gullet.
I brazened it out.

abowlofwashingup Mon 20-Jun-11 22:02:10

Oops.

How long did they leave the dog alone for though?

TattyDevine Mon 20-Jun-11 22:02:11

I once arranged for my cleaning lady to go to my house, feed the cat, check her water etc, and I'd leave her a tenner. (She was only down the road).

Came back from 2 nights in Biaritz to a very, very haughty looking cat with, for the first time ever, her biscuit and meat dish absolutely clean. Thankfully she had water!

HellAtWork Mon 20-Jun-11 22:02:16

Maybe she'll want to know why you and DH felt the need to have a teenage fumble in the car before you popped in with her keys?

That's what I'd think if someone turned up, red, a bit out of breath, no bra on with her husband in tow, looking a bit shifty and bewildered.

{is the achilles tendon still cured? And don't feel too bad - looks like the dog survived just fine even if the carpet suffered a bit grin}

DogsBestFriend Mon 20-Jun-11 22:06:34

Whoops!

This dog owner would forgive you. It wasn't deliberate and no harm's been done.

Next time you visit just remember to take pooch a few treats and whisper an apology when human ears aren't listening!

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 20-Jun-11 22:07:54

dog wasnt left for ages...from just before lunch, no need to hand my self in the RSPCA or anything but i have shocked myself with my hidden ability to tell whoppers (probably very badly)

I left DH standing on the drive...he wasnt quick enough!

M0naLisa Mon 20-Jun-11 22:17:46

oops. yeah keep schtum

TakeMeDrunkImHome Mon 20-Jun-11 22:23:26

Oh keep quiet, they won't know, it wasn't a huge length of time and the dog could have had an accident anyway dogs being what they are! If you feel unable to sleep due to terrible guilt just tell your friend the same thing you wrote in your OP. It isn't like they were away for 2 weeks and you forgot! Buy the doggy a treat as your punishment grin

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 20-Jun-11 22:38:23

i feel so terrible but i am also a massive coward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now