Talk

Advanced search

Dawn raid on some unclaimed gooseberries

(17 Posts)
Cursingtheboobytum Mon 20-Jun-11 19:38:44

Just spotted these the other day on a patch of ambigiously owned land (outside of a neighbour's fence and in amongst weeds in an area that is not tended). Would it be unreasonable of me to go and half-inch 'em? Planning on doing it early hours when little one wakes up for her feed. Obviously the furtiveness of this means I think I'm not being entirely reasonable...

worraliberty Mon 20-Jun-11 19:40:53

Why not go now?

Cursingtheboobytum Mon 20-Jun-11 19:42:30

Cos I'm in no fit state to be seen. Think pregnant, overly tight jogging bottoms and top covered in babyfood from pfb... darkness is my friend.

Blatherskite Mon 20-Jun-11 20:06:02

YABU. Gooseberries are vile

I'd say go for it - if the bushes are outside the boundaries of the house, and not being tended, I'd assume they were fair game, and there's nothing better than getting some free, hedgerow food (I'm looking forward to the blackberry season - I pick them whilst walking the dog - she eats the ones off the lower branches, and I pick and freeze the ones she can't reach, for apple and blackberry crumble at a later date).

kaid100 Mon 20-Jun-11 20:28:00

I don't think they are yours.

Cursingtheboobytum Mon 20-Jun-11 20:28:11

Right, having got the green light from SDTG I'm off out early doors. Gooseberry crumble it is tomorrow night. Nom nom.

Cursingtheboobytum Mon 20-Jun-11 20:29:19

But Kaid100 it shouldn't be a problem as come tomorrow night there will be no evidence grin

stuffthenonsense Mon 20-Jun-11 20:42:20

hmmph, yabu if you make gooseberry crumble, gooseberry COBBLER is so much nicer!
www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/gooseberry/english-gooseberry-cobbler.html

debka Mon 20-Jun-11 20:49:24

Am v envy, our gooseberry bush gave up the ghost this year.

And make gooseberry fool instead. <drool>

Pumpernickel10 Mon 20-Jun-11 20:51:31

I love gooseberry crumble yummy smile

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 20-Jun-11 20:53:47

Why don't you just knock on the door and ask if you can have them?

Cursingtheboobytum Tue 21-Jun-11 18:51:25

Cos I'm in Denmark and my Danish just about stretches to saying 'I Don't speak Danish' grin.

Thanks for the recipe suggestions. I've just finished making gooseberry fool. Just grabbing a spoon.

Blatherskite Tue 21-Jun-11 22:12:39

One of my friends moved to Denmark last year and he would confirm that Danish is blinking difficult to learn. He's getting better slowly though it seems. You'll have to teach me the Danish for "I don't speak Danish" Cursing so next time he writes his Facebook status in Danish, I can copy and paste it as my comment grin

tallwivglasses Tue 21-Jun-11 22:34:28

Thanks for a lovely thread boobytum.

Go for it but I demand an update grin

tallwivglasses Tue 21-Jun-11 22:36:31

On second thoughts, look up Danish for gooseberry and explain the rest through the medium of mime

iwastooearlytobeayummymummy Tue 21-Jun-11 22:38:35

just thinking it would be quite funny if you actually went into labour, and had the baby under the gooseberry bush , then you really could say ' I found you under the gooseberry bush!!!'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now