Talk

Advanced search

AIBU in thinking there should be more hours in the middle of the day...

(6 Posts)
TiggyD Mon 20-Jun-11 16:33:48

I like the idea of not having to get out of bed before 8 in the morning. I also like the idea of finishing work at about 3, giving me some afternoon left to do stuff. Unfortunately that would only leave 6 hours of work time during the day not counting lunch breaks. I think a couple of hours should be inserted between 12 and 1. My day hours would then go:,11,12,12a,12b,1,2 etc. I could then have a lie in and go home early and still get a whole days work in. Who should I write to? Or am I being unreasonable?

Pumpernickel10 Mon 20-Jun-11 16:35:11

YABU the days are long enough for me,but as I don't work I do see your point tiggy smile

stickylittlefingers Mon 20-Jun-11 16:40:43

YANBU. The only way of getting round this is having periods of not sleeping, so that I mooch around the house paying bills, tidying etc. Feel like total shit, of course, but having that extra 4-5 hours is kinda handy.

SuchProspects Mon 20-Jun-11 16:55:15

YABalittlebitU It needs to go 12, 1, 2, 3, 3a, 3b, 4 etc. so I get a few more hours when the DCs are napping. Otherwise bloody good idea. grin

HarrietJones Mon 20-Jun-11 22:27:31

I find the school day is too short by the time I've got home fed dd3, then lunch then feed the gaps between aren't big enough

CharlieCoCo Mon 20-Jun-11 23:35:28

oh god no, i already work 12hrs as a nanny, please dont make me work any more. but if those additional hrs were between 7pm til 11pm that would be handy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now