Talk

Advanced search

to feel hurt by DH

(54 Posts)
pissedofforwhat Mon 20-Jun-11 10:55:11

Again, for the second time, he has travelled on business and stopped off at duty free to buy himself cologne. No, he did not buy any for me. I think that stinks. I never pass through duty free without buying for him, ever. I had a sulk and when he asked what was wrong I told him. Made the big mistake of telling him I told my friends he had done this and they were not impressed by him. His response was 'go tell your friends to go f**k themselves sadsadsad

pissedofforwhat Mon 20-Jun-11 10:58:03

So IABU then

TechLovingDad Mon 20-Jun-11 10:59:08

You didn't get a reply within 3 minutes and have a sulk? Hmmm, ok.

GeekCool Mon 20-Jun-11 10:59:19

Yes, YABU. And, I don't blame him being pissed off at you telling your friends about his heinous crime.

GypsyMoth Mon 20-Jun-11 11:00:15

is perfume etc really still loads cheaper at duty free than in a shop??

whats the saving?

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Mon 20-Jun-11 11:02:46

It sounds very childish, OP, asking your friends what they thought so that you could form your own opinion or gather strength from theirs. I'm not surprised at your DH's response to that.

I don't think it's unreasonable of you to want a present BUT I think if it's something that really matters to you, put in a request for what you want. Just because you buy stuff for DH on spec doesn't mean that he has to follow your rules.

Are you being a bit of a princess today? Hope you feel better tomorrow. grin

pissedofforwhat Mon 20-Jun-11 11:11:32

Fine.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Mon 20-Jun-11 11:13:02

Are you having a flounce now? shock

Sounded like a teen 'Fine'... confused

Don't forget to show your DH this thread... grin

dadof2ofthem Mon 20-Jun-11 11:15:27

does he get you anything else? i mean is he totaly self-obsessed or does he do nice things at other time to show you that he loves you?

CatPower Mon 20-Jun-11 11:16:45

If him not buying you perfume is all it takes for him to "really hurt" you (from your title), I'd hate to see how you'd react if he did something truly terrible.

HTH

biscuit

Pumpernickel10 Mon 20-Jun-11 11:17:41

Grow up op very childish attitude my 10 yr old acts better than you!

I'm not really seeing the problem. He probably just didn't know what scent to get you. DH bought me perfume once when he was travelling. It was like bottled cats piss. He hasn't bought me any since unless I've specified.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Mon 20-Jun-11 11:20:34

Don't you give him a list and make it clear that checking into a hotel will be a better option for him if he comes back empty-handed?

SenoritaViva Mon 20-Jun-11 11:20:50

I expect he was pissed off that you'd been talking about his lack of thought to your friends and have hurt his ego. I can imagine his post

'I went through duty free and neglected to get my wife a present but got myself something. Now she's spoken to all her friends about me and I'm upset that they will be thinking that I am an evil person and I don't like being talked about behind my back'.

You are being a little childish to be really hurt by this.

JudysJudgement Mon 20-Jun-11 11:21:11

imagines op sitting their with a pout on her face

JudysJudgement Mon 20-Jun-11 11:21:20

there

JudysJudgement Mon 20-Jun-11 11:22:47

leave the bastard, he is bound to be having an affair

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Mon 20-Jun-11 11:23:04

Judy... maybe after she's finished drumming her heels on the floor. grin

piprabbit Mon 20-Jun-11 11:26:09

Well it would have been lovely if had bought you a gift - but you can't expect presents and sulk if you don't get one.

Then you moaned to your friends.

Now you are moaning on MN.

I think you need to get over it really.

Pumpernickel10 Mon 20-Jun-11 11:26:45

So everytime I go a buy myself some makeup or new shoes or a new dress I have to buy DH something too? Nah, he buys for himself, do I sulk when he buys something? Do I Fuck! Same as he doesn't sulk when I buy something!
You sound like a spoilt brat op I bet your crying now into your coffee at how selfish we are on MN for not supporting you.

pissedofforwhat Mon 20-Jun-11 11:27:53

I posted Fine because I see how childish I was really being, albeit I was hurt. I dont see why you have to be such pisstakers. Do you always 'get it right'?

PatriciaHolm Mon 20-Jun-11 11:28:00

"I think that stinks"

No, maybe he does, and needs the cologne (who wears cologne?!!!) more than you do?

Either way, don't be such a princess about it.

eurochick Mon 20-Jun-11 11:28:34

You do sound like a bit of a brat, OP...

dickiedavisthunderthighs Mon 20-Jun-11 11:29:00

I think you buried yourself when you threw a strop because nobody replied to your post within 3 minutes.

piprabbit Mon 20-Jun-11 11:29:18

You haven't put it on FB have you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now