Talk

Advanced search

My DP forgot my Birthday.......

(10 Posts)
joanne34 Mon 20-Jun-11 10:09:05

AIBU - To be really furious about this ?

DP Forgot my Birthday on Saturday, and infact when I told him, he was insistent it was on Sunday !!

He still has'nt even bought me a card.....

tigermummy35 Mon 20-Jun-11 10:10:28

YANBU - but men are notoriously hopeless at remembering birthdays and anniversaries.

Happy Birthday BTW!

GeekCool Mon 20-Jun-11 10:10:33

Well no YANBU, did he apologise?

kaid100 Mon 20-Jun-11 10:13:38

YANBU, careless of him and unreasonable not to have made it up to you in the mean time.

joanne34 Mon 20-Jun-11 10:13:51

yes he apologised but how hard can it be to remember a Birthday of someone you apparently love ?

Actually he forgets everything unless it's a night out with his friends !!

We are skint at the moment so i wasnt expecting anything other than a card.

So on payday i am ordering that thing i have been wanting for ages !

sprinkles77 Mon 20-Jun-11 10:17:36

YANBU. Though I do generally drop lots of hints nag him to remember and point out all the things I fancy!

upahill Mon 20-Jun-11 10:19:13

I'd be pissed if I was you.

buzzsore Mon 20-Jun-11 10:22:30

Shouldn't he be anxious to make it up to you somehow? It's all very well buying yourself something out of pique, but he ought to be offering you something (given you're skint) like I dunno running you a bath & making you a meal, or a massage, or doing some chores you'd usually do. I hope he's doing more than just saying sorry and carrying on as before.

redexpat Mon 20-Jun-11 11:00:13

He's rubbish! What buzzsore said!

startail Mon 20-Jun-11 11:10:21

Yanbu my DH is hopeless, has been for 22 years and it still really pisses me off. However I realise I haven't posted my lovely niece's present, which is already late, so I'm not perfect eitherblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now