Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to find it funny how bothered some people on here seem to be by Netmums

(7 Posts)
thegruffalosma Mon 20-Jun-11 09:51:48

I have an account with both sites and I actually prefer it here BUT I do find it funny how some people here need to constantly slag off Netmums while, aside from the odd thread, people over there couldn't give less of a shit about Mumsnet!

greencolorpack Mon 20-Jun-11 09:55:09

I agree. It's like tuning into a new soap opera, you have to take a while figuring out the culture of the place. I realise it's incredibly offensive to some people that anyone says lol so I'm trying to respect that. But in saner moments I think "Why should I care if a load of self-appointed site police don't like an acronym for laughing?" Seems utterly daft to me. I find lol quite a helpful term, use it all the time in text messages. Doesn't mean I post on Netmums though (I don't).

cheesesarnie Mon 20-Jun-11 09:57:43

i dont think people slag it off that much.unless i just read wrong threads.

honeybehappy Mon 20-Jun-11 09:57:55

I agree, i use both sites. I come on here when i need advice and want to kill a few hours. I use netmums for more local stuff like buying and selling.

HeidiKat Mon 20-Jun-11 09:58:26

YANBU, if you don't like a website don't go there. I have an account with netmums too, I rarely use it for the forum but I like their local section and competitions.

AmazingBouncingFerret Mon 20-Jun-11 09:59:05

I dont think any of us actually feel so strongly about Netmums it is just a long running joke. Like, Greggs sausage rolls, penguins, bats and red rugs.

BoscoIsMyLover Mon 20-Jun-11 10:06:12

I didnt think any one had an issue with Nethuns, its a bit of a running gag really...The only threads I see abou Nets are the ones that flouncers from that site start when the mods bar them.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now