Talk

Advanced search

quick help - dont know whether to be worried/concerned

(14 Posts)
cantfindamnnickname Mon 20-Jun-11 07:51:03

DS4 is at small pre school nursery where he is friends with little boy same age but he is rather naughty and last week I was told they had been silly at school.

Over weekend my DS has said X spat on his willy and told me to look, he has been trying to touch willies with his older DS and when I told him we don't do that he said X told me to.

He also told me that X wanted to kiss his bottom.

No I know 4 year olds can be rather obsessed with poo and bottoms but I am rather worried but not sure if I over reacting because X is naughty and if I'm honest would rather they didn't play together

risingstar Mon 20-Jun-11 08:01:34

i would tell the nursery manager. they can decide whether any action is needed re child protection.

LordSucre Mon 20-Jun-11 08:02:58

won't he be leaving nursery in a couple of weeks?

Let it go.

faverolles Mon 20-Jun-11 08:03:27

I think it's fair enough for the nursery to keep a closer eye on this to make sure it doesn't happen again, but at that age it wouldn't particularly worry me.
Probably a good time to teach your son about private areas and not doing something he doesn't want to do just because he's been told to.

Ivortheengine8 Mon 20-Jun-11 08:05:02

Mmm Not sure, it could be just a phase he is going through but I would have a word with the nursery people just for them to keep a watch out. Why would his willy have been exposed anyway? (maybe they were going to the toilet or something?)

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Mon 20-Jun-11 08:07:54

you again?

Ivortheengine8 Mon 20-Jun-11 08:08:47

sauasage? confused

meditrina Mon 20-Jun-11 08:10:37

You need to tell the setting, and ask them to explain how they will deal with it. (And then check they do).

Also, leave it to the setting to determine if there are CP issues here (someone there will have the relevant training and more knowledge of the child in question). I wouldn't be worried based on information in OP as willie obsession is very common, and "kiss my ass" is probably just a bottom joke.

cantfindamnnickname Mon 20-Jun-11 08:10:41

Yes he will be leaving but will go to same school in september

cantfindamnnickname Mon 20-Jun-11 09:57:31

Well I spoke to manager of nursery and she told me that nothing like that had been said and she hadn't heard it

GypsyMoth Mon 20-Jun-11 10:01:19

ah well,if SHE hadnt heard it then it wasnt said,eh!! hmm

meditrina Mon 20-Jun-11 10:28:30

That is an unbelievably crap response. If you weren't leaving anyhow, I'd say it was a red flag to start looking for an alternative.

knittedbreast Mon 20-Jun-11 10:35:29

my partners step dad said that my 5 year old son said to him kiss my willy and balls and was laughing hysterically about it.

im not worried about it, we dont use the word balls at home so i know he will have got it from the boys at school and their older siblings.
im not concerned because since starting reception he has spoken about his willy and how it tingles sometimes and i can see that this kiss my willy is just a development of discussion and that he dousnt really know whats wrong with kiss it.

I think if this has happened completly out of the blue and hes never been intrested in his willy or he seems upset then maybe worry but if not he probebly just hasnt worked out whats appropriate and we all know kids of that age have no "shame".

i just told my lo, no we dont do that, your willy is a private thing and other people dont want to see it.

cheesesarnie Mon 20-Jun-11 10:39:49

speak to the little boys mum.she might be hearing similar things about your dc.
both my boys went through similar stage,it was time to talk about why private bits are private in a non prude way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now