Talk

Advanced search

To think after midnight is a bit late to be trawling mumsnet?

(47 Posts)
royaljelly Mon 20-Jun-11 00:37:25

Ok so it's after midnight. but the teen and the toddler are finally asleep. Washing and ironing are done. I have Pink's greatest hits playing and a glass of wine. Is it a bit too late to be trawling Mumsnet for gossip, sedition, etc.

JoySzasz Mon 20-Jun-11 00:44:52

Are you not tired? grin

OrdinaryJo Mon 20-Jun-11 00:45:54

YABVVU.

I am too. grin

AuntiePickleBottom Mon 20-Jun-11 00:47:18

oh fuck i didn't even realise the time, think i better log off and go to bed ready for the school run thanks for the post

GrimmaTheNome Mon 20-Jun-11 00:47:29

Yes, its too late. No-one's here.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Mon 20-Jun-11 00:48:07

Of course not.

The night is young, and I do some of my best trawling in the early hours aided by a glass or 2 of wine.

However, you ABU for stealth boasting that your laundry's done while mine is waiting to take a twirl grin.

If you find any particularly salacious gossip or audacious sedition I do hope you'll come back and point me in the right direction.

reelingintheyears Mon 20-Jun-11 00:49:04

Hiya....

I'm usually around at this time of night, even though I have school run in the morning wink

reelingintheyears Mon 20-Jun-11 00:50:25

I'm so glad i have no school runs anymore.

startail Mon 20-Jun-11 00:51:51

I am, but I shouldn't be I said bed at 12.30 to DH (took forever to get DDs to bed, teenage dd1 may be asleep)

madhattershouse Mon 20-Jun-11 00:53:17

It's the best time to be here..child free and most of the trolls numpties are gone too!

royaljelly Mon 20-Jun-11 00:55:42

Not boasting too much, washing and ironing may be done but they are still sat on dining table and probably will be for 2 days till I can be arsed to put them away, by which time of cousre they will need ironing again. BTW I don't iron my own stuff.

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 20-Jun-11 01:00:23

Well I'm still here, am on nights and it's v quiet! Loving the iPhone app! smile

TakeMeDrunkImHome Mon 20-Jun-11 01:01:30

I'm usually here late!

royaljelly Mon 20-Jun-11 01:02:39

It's just so wonderful this time of night...no-one shouting muuuum, no-one wanting a drink / snack. No phone going off, No TV blaring, No BF/ Husband etc wanting attention, No knock at the door, no parents calling 'for a chat' 2hrs later, no nappies to change, no washing up to do, no clothes to clean, no playgroup full of whingy kids, no neighbours to inanely chat to, no shopkeeper calling you 'love'.

Is it any wonder I only seem to be energised at this time?

Must admit will be going to bed in next half hour.... but what a wonderful half hour that will be.

caramelwaffle Mon 20-Jun-11 01:03:18

Lot's of Vampires Night Owls on at this time of night.

You really need the Living Overseas section..

reelingintheyears Mon 20-Jun-11 01:03:55

Why people waste their lives ironing has always escaped me....

I honestly never iron anything.

When DD was small i ironed her summer dresses for school.

I have not had the iron out for about a year.

<maybe longer>

manicinsomniac Mon 20-Jun-11 01:04:24

Depends on whether or not you can sleep.

I hate lying awake knowing sleep is going to evade me. So internet surfing it is!

madhattershouse Mon 20-Jun-11 01:04:25

Have a wine..I know I am! Love my "adult time" if that's what you can call trawling round the net for want of adult conversation!! grin

tigercametotea Mon 20-Jun-11 01:05:35

Yes it is quite late considering I will have to wake up early tomorrow. But even before I had kids, I've always been a night owl since about the age of 14 (I've got the unattractive dark circles around my eyes to prove it), so if I go to bed anytime before 1 am I'd consider it an early night smile

madhattershouse Mon 20-Jun-11 01:05:47

reeling I have just had to buy a iron after 7 years without...oldest dc needs his shirts to look crease free...at least for the first hour of wearing grin

tigercametotea Mon 20-Jun-11 01:07:50

I don't iron, I just hang the clothes out from the washing machine in a certain way so it dries reasonably crease-free. Or I just buy clothes that don't need ironing. Problem solved.

5DollarShake Mon 20-Jun-11 01:11:17

Nooooooo, it's not to late - the more posting at this time the better for me!!

I am in NZ, recently moved back and this is my connection with Blighty. grin

royaljelly Mon 20-Jun-11 01:11:28

tigercametotea I use toche eclait (spelling). Being an insomniac I dread the day I open the door to the postman 'a la zombie'!

Iteotwawki Mon 20-Jun-11 01:18:56

After midnight where? Lunchtime here smile

All times are good for trawling, posting, chatting, even working. Which I should get back to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now