Talk

Advanced search

to want to just VOMIT every time...

(18 Posts)
bigredtractor Sun 19-Jun-11 20:27:15

... I see that ad for Google Chrome with the dad who is e-mailing his daughter throughout her life, starting from when she's born, making some sort of overly-saccharine nauseating diary of pics and stuff..?

BLEEuUURRGH...

Apart from anything, what e-mail address is he sending it all to? FFS
Who's with me?!

SmethwickBelle Sun 19-Jun-11 20:30:16

I thought it was kind of sweet and then I felt a bit depressed as I realised I haven't even sorted the downloaded photos or printed many out for DS2 I shall console myself that we are too busy living it to document these things. Or something.

Haven't seen it, put a link on! Can it be any worse than the chavvy haribo family playing good cop bad cop?? That makes me slightly ashamed to be British....

dontsweatthelittlethings Sun 19-Jun-11 20:38:15

I quite like the idea, ok the advert is pretty vomit inducing, but the idea seems a bit like keeping one of those baby books, which gets put away somewhere and then you suddenly remember about it so decide to fill it in having forgotten when your DC actually did any of the things the book wants you to fill in!
Hope that made sense. I think it's just a diary of your child's early years and your feelings during that time.

bigredtractor Sun 19-Jun-11 20:38:45

Oh, can't do the linky thing from my I-phone...

corkythecat Sun 19-Jun-11 20:41:38

here it is

IDrinkFromTheirSkulls Sun 19-Jun-11 21:14:53

I thought he sent it to an email account he made just for his daughter?

frownieface Sun 19-Jun-11 21:18:05

I think it's quite sweet, it's just a technological equivalent to a scrap book.

zukiecat Sun 19-Jun-11 21:25:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PinotsKittens Sun 19-Jun-11 21:26:34

Love the Google

Hate the Haribo

HTH

CBear6 Sun 19-Jun-11 21:37:45

The Haribo advert came on at the cinema when we went to see one of the Harry Potter films. When it came to the bit with the toddler and she says to "sign the fession!" an old lady in the row in front us tutted and said, loudly, to her old lady companion "if she was mine I'd paddle her backside for that attitude!". While I don't agree with paddling children I can't watch the advert with giggling at the memory of the sheer disgust in her voice.

The Google advert made me well up the first time I saw it (pregnancy hormones are dangerous things) and now it just annoys me.

fearnelinen Sun 19-Jun-11 21:39:53

Nope, yabu, I cry like a baby everytime...but then I'm like that. I cried at the JL ad!

PelvicFloor0fSteel Sun 19-Jun-11 21:45:19

I quite like that ad blush, hate the haribo one though.

madonnawhore Sun 19-Jun-11 21:48:49

I cry at the google ad.

But I do also wonder at the same time whether, when she's old enough, she'll be too busy having underage sex and dabbling in recreational drugs to give a shit grin

<projects misspent youth onto tv advert>

ATripperToTheLast Sun 19-Jun-11 22:06:48

I must be a softie...it made me get a lump in my throat sad

SpecialFriedRice Sun 19-Jun-11 22:10:43

I like that ad. Just watched the youtube vid and that's the first time I've watched it properly... I may or may not have shed a little tear!

Pumpernickel10 Sun 19-Jun-11 22:19:44

<boak> and I'm sure DD would agree too

confuseddotcodotuk Sun 19-Jun-11 22:26:52

I love both of those adverts! The google one is sweet but I haven't seen it enough to want to puke yet, and the haribo one is brilliant grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now