Talk

Advanced search

to think this comment was even worse from someone making loud noises about working here?

(14 Posts)
confuddledDOTcom Sun 19-Jun-11 19:40:33

The father of the baby in the next bed to me makes loud comments about working here and wears his pass because he can let himself into the ward with it (he loudly told his partner when he realised as he hadn't thought to try it before). I'm assuming he's a Dr as one of my consultants joined them one day and he's been making his knowledge about his son's treatment known.

So one day the mother and her friend are discussing wedding dress shopping, shoes etc and father says "don't talk about clothes in front of my son, you'll make him gay!"

Bad enough people like that being parents but worse still he's allowed to treat the public! Not to mention in this hospital which he's made known several times so hardly a good reflection on this place.

Was he being tongue in cheek, perhaps?

LordSucre Sun 19-Jun-11 19:47:38

Reckon he was just messing about.

BluddyMoFo Sun 19-Jun-11 19:49:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bubblecoral Sun 19-Jun-11 19:51:06

He made a stupid gay comment, which probably wasn't even serious, but from that you think he shouldn't be a parent or a doctor (if he is one). I can't see what else he has done wrong.

YABU.

Have you just had a baby?

Yes bluddy as everyone knows you catch it from touching another gay person.

BluddyMoFo Sun 19-Jun-11 20:02:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chancey Sun 19-Jun-11 20:10:08

Or from toilet seats!

ConnorTraceptive Sun 19-Jun-11 20:12:07

People can be knon=bs and still be very good at their jobs. stop ear wigging!

ConnorTraceptive Sun 19-Jun-11 20:12:24

knobs confused

changeforthebetter Sun 19-Jun-11 20:12:25

I hear allowing a little boy to push a toy pram/dress as a princess/choose a pink cup is another way of catching gay..................... grin

As for the doctor - sheesh!

TheMonster Sun 19-Jun-11 20:17:19

How long have you been in hospital in order to use the phrase 'so one day' in your OP? grin

chancey Sun 19-Jun-11 20:17:34

for some jobs being a knob is a necessary qualification.

confuddledDOTcom Sun 19-Jun-11 22:56:05

Yes I'm sure he was joking and doesn't really think you can catch being gay by hearing your mother discussing her wedding dress, does not mean it's any better, I'd be shocked at any gay joke, especially from someone who should know better in their place of work. No I don't really mean people who think gay jokes are funny shouldn't have children but I would hope a dr would know better.

Can't help but overhear every little detail you can hear when you enter the ward! One of the nurses thought he was talking to her yesterday he was so loud! I think it's the magic curtains my dad used to be the same.

How long have I been here? Over three weeks! 5 days on antenatal ward, 9 days she was in the unit and I was in postnatal ward or the unit flat and 9 days in the breastfeeding ward, with no sign of going home yet!

I've been writing this reply for two hrs because of feeding!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now