Talk

Advanced search

Companies that make life difficult?!

(6 Posts)
brighthair Sun 19-Jun-11 17:11:51

why do some companies seem to make things so bleeding complicated?
Got a flat tyre today, no problem my new car is covered for 3 years for tyres and I can have up to 5 new ones

Ring tyre people. Am not on system, need to ring back tomorrow after downloading claim form

I need
2 GOOD quality photos of damaged tyre on the car that would be the one I have taken off it then
1 GOOD quality close up of damaged tyre - see above
2 GOOD quality photos of car showing reg plate

Copy of original invoice for vehicle - off to find photocopier and invoice then, see you in a month!
Validation form completed by fitter
Paid invoice for tyre - yes I have to pay then claim it back

A DETAILED description of issue leading to claim - er I looked at the tyre this morning, and it was flat

in the FAQ
If I have finance against the vehicle, my motor insurance company will not be providing me with a cheque so how do I
get around this? Ask your motor insurance company to provide you with written confirmation that your claim has been settled and a full
breakdown of the payment.

so is that my insurance company for my car, or the tyre insurance people, and why will they not give me a cheque if the car is on finance?

Am I being ridiculous or would you just go sod it and pay for the bleeding tyre?!

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 19-Jun-11 17:16:32

Sounds unnecessarily complex. Also sounds as though this tyre insurance policy is not suitable for a car bought on finance & that there may have been some misselling going on. I'd be cancelling the policy, making a BIG complaint, and demanding any premiums are reimbursed.

sloggies Sun 19-Jun-11 17:16:34

I suspect they are hoping that you will do just that, pay for it.
I am naturally difficult, so I would do the Hoop Jumping on the principle that I want MY money back1

microserf Sun 19-Jun-11 17:19:21

YANBU, it's a bit ridiculous. To your list of companies that make things more difficult than they need to be, can I add - Virgin media.

Me: Can I change my maiden name to my married name on my bill?

VM: Oh, you'll need to write us a letter with a certified copy of your marriage certificate.

Me: OK, my marriage certificate is in French, with an English translation on the back. My banks accepted it.

VM: We won't accept that, you'll need to get an approved translation and send that to us as well.

Me: <cancels contract with VM and signs up with Sky in my married name. grin>

brighthair Sun 19-Jun-11 17:20:53

Hm - the tyre policy wasn't paid for in effect, it was thrown in along with 2 years servicing and MOT with the car
I would do the hoop jumping but there is no way I am taking off tyre, to put on damaged one to take pics, to put other one back on rolls eyes and if I take photo just of tyre, it doesn't look flat...

sloggies Tue 21-Jun-11 09:09:11

Hammer and Big Nail? grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: