Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be fuming with Amazon - really rude customer service

(13 Posts)
balia Sun 19-Jun-11 15:50:00

Got my DSS a toy for his birthday from Amazon. It was quite a complicated kit-type thing, so didn't open it immediately. When we got round to it, there was a piece missing. So no probs, contacted Amazon, they sent the stuff to return it and said they would send me another one. Then they called back and said they couldn't, because in the meantime, my credit card had been cancelled (got caught in the problems with the Lush website). They said they would issue me an electronic credit note to get another toy. So, I got an email saying they had received it, then one reading 'fulfillment messages' with an electronic credit note. Which didn't work.

So phoned them again, got messed about for nearly half an hour, being put on hold while they investigated, suggested things like 'type it in by hand instead of copy and paste'. She said she couldn't find the email with the credit note in it? Anyway, finally I asked to speak to the supervisor who was incredibly rude, talked over me, and said that as per their policy, the refund had been paid to the old credit card, and I should talk to my bank, and then hung up!

Curiousmama Sun 19-Jun-11 15:52:08

shock I hope you're making a complaint? Did you get his/her name? YANBU

tallulahxhunny Sun 19-Jun-11 15:59:59

yeah i had problem with them at xmas re ps3 delivery, did you get american people? i thought it was strange that they didnt have a uk call centre. i found the girl i spoke to totally arrogant and rude but then i find that with most americans, im not sure if they mean to be like that or its the accent and the way it comes across.

balia Sun 19-Jun-11 16:31:15

Actually had a little blubber it was such a shock that she was so rude just out of nowhere, yes, they were American, but no, didn't get the name. DH called the bank and the refund was found and transfered on to the exsisting card so no financial harm done.

To add insult to injury, just got this email from them -

"First let me sincerely apologise for the issue faced and for our call which ended prematurely."

She hung up on me!!!

It goes on to ask if she 'solved the problem' and ends with this...

"Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company."

I'm starting to think it's a wind-up.

Lorenz Sun 19-Jun-11 16:35:19

Yeah they are quite crap. I bought a limited edition xbox game once. It wouldn't work when it got here so I contacted them and they said they'd send a normal version of the game. I said we wanted the limited edition and was basically told "tough shit, there are none left. Either keep the broken game or send it back and get the normal version, your choice!".

FriskyMare Sun 19-Jun-11 16:43:48

i have just had one of those fulfilment messages form amazon with some guff about an electronic credit note for a damaged bread bin i have just returned. Does this mean they won't put the money back on my credit card?? Do I have to buy something else from them??

balia Sun 19-Jun-11 16:55:58

Well if my experience is anything to go by, they'll deny having sent it!

LollipopViolet Sun 19-Jun-11 17:17:44

This is rather odd, I've just got off the phone to their call centre about my Kindle, which has randomly decided to break six months after purchase. They couldn't have been more helpful. Does Amazon have different call centres for different things? (Man I spoke to was Irish).

YANBU to be angry though.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 19-Jun-11 17:22:32

I have had good customer service with the Kindle too. The guy I spoke to was Scottish I think, they must have different services.

I would be really unhappy with the service you received op.

MrsMellowDrummer Sun 19-Jun-11 17:28:32

Kindle customer services are legendary. Both sides of the pond.

Sounds like the rest of the company should be taking a leaf out of their book.

mummytigger Sun 19-Jun-11 18:38:59

I refuse to buy from Amazon full-stop because of the issues I've had with them. They are normally helpful on the phones, but there have been incidents where they just succumb to complete fuckwittery. I also hate loathe with every fibre of my being the postal company they tend to use. Absolute cunts. YANBU - keep ringing them and eventually someone will listen.

MoonGirl1981 Sun 19-Jun-11 19:16:25

Amazon customer service are vile.

You have my sympathy!

x

BabeRuthless Sun 19-Jun-11 19:26:06

They can be dicks sometimes. I got a duplicate present off my Mum for Xmas & despite me explaining several times that I didn't want her to know I was exchanging it, they still emailed her the e-voucher. Cue a phone call off my mum ("why didnt you tell me at the time?" etc)

I'm sure they did it on purpose angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now