Talk

Advanced search

To piss myself laughing...

(7 Posts)
Greige Sun 19-Jun-11 15:13:28

Another thread had a link to The Mother magazine, glancing through it I found this:

'Conscious and ecstatic birthing

At The Mother we don't wish to perpetuate the belief that 'birth is painful or dangerous', but rather, that birth can be beautiful, ecstatic and indeed, orgasmic ~ just as nature intended.'

I'm six weeks away from giving birth to my second DC and would love to believe that it'll be a painless, ecstatic experience - and, indeed, orgasmicgrin

Unfortunately my crappy human pelvic structure will make sure it is painful and dangerous and I don't see how choosing to believe otherwise will change that.

(This is my first time on AIBU and I'm petrified...but I'm gonna post anyway, not really sure if its a good idea...)

Trinaluce Sun 19-Jun-11 15:15:43

Ha! Orgasmic?! I think they need to find a new sexual partner if they think that's what an orgasm's supposed to feel like!

I've also never had an orgasm that lasted 70 hours and ended in major abdominal surgery...

iwanttoseethezoo Sun 19-Jun-11 15:15:46

I too am laughing at this! painless and ecstatic? i was ecstatic when it stopped!

strandedbear Sun 19-Jun-11 15:17:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blackeyedsusan Sun 19-Jun-11 15:18:01

ahh but that just depends on how much gas and air you can breath in whilst also on pethidine and having an epidural....

eurycantha Sun 19-Jun-11 15:18:09

Congratulations on your first post.

Greige Sun 19-Jun-11 15:58:31

Thanks folks, I was looking at the thread list and wondering why nobody had repliedsmile

The only thing that got me through my first was the epidural - and I fully intend to have one this time round. The only thing I felt was relief that it was all over.

Trinaluce - 70 Hours? shock you poor thing

Strandedbear - my cousin loves being in labour - she enjoys the 'positive' nature of the pain. I think she's mad as a balloon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now