Talk

Advanced search

to ask this guy to move over

(15 Posts)
MurphyWasAnOptimist Sun 19-Jun-11 11:40:33

Sitting on a plane on a delayed flight eight now in row of 3. Passenger on outer seat moved to sit with friends. Guy in middle hasn't moved over. Should I ask him?

TurkeyBurgerThing Sun 19-Jun-11 11:41:46

He might not realise that the other bloke is coming back? Where are you going?

GrimmaTheNome Sun 19-Jun-11 11:42:39

'hey, if that seats free at the moment, if you move we'd both have a bit more space' - Sure.

ZacharyQuack Sun 19-Jun-11 11:43:17

Can you fart on demand?

Get the sick bag out and say "Better get ready"?

MurphyWasAnOptimist Sun 19-Jun-11 11:43:29

The girl who moved told us she was going. It is his seat he's sitting in but id like some room too! It's a long haul flight sad

shakey1500 Sun 19-Jun-11 11:43:38

Well no harm in asking though maybe he doesn't want his elbows/knees bashed by the tea trolley. Yanbu to ask though.

scuzy Sun 19-Jun-11 11:45:13

just lean over and say "i've a fear of flying do you mind if i clutch you tightly and sleep on your shoulder during the flight???" and promise not to drool.

MurphyWasAnOptimist Sun 19-Jun-11 11:48:17

Oh dear he just burped after drinking orange juice.

Ok will be confident and charming and ask him to move over when we start moving.

I can do this!

KurriKurri Sun 19-Jun-11 11:50:48

Dig your fingers into his thigh and whimper as you take off, - he may discover he'd rather move than be next to you for the landing grin

GrimmaTheNome Sun 19-Jun-11 11:57:20

Alternatively, go to the loo when the seatbelt signs go off, then when you return and he's got to get up anyway make the friendly suggestion that he takes the aisle seat.

TidyDancer Sun 19-Jun-11 11:58:31

Yes, I would ask. I don't usually get to travel on my own, but when I do, it's nice to have some space!

MurphyWasAnOptimist Sun 19-Jun-11 12:14:36

He's gone to sleep. Why am I such a coward? Worst that can happen is he'll say no, right? It's a middle 3 so at least I have an aisle exit!

ShellyBoobs Sun 19-Jun-11 12:14:52

Maybe he's not a regular traveller and doesn't realise it's ok to swap seats?

YANBU to ask him to move, though.

MurphyWasAnOptimist Sun 19-Jun-11 12:18:31

Right, thanks for the moral support. Will do this - its a challenge to myself smile better turn phone off - looks like well be moving soon.

MumblingRagDoll Sun 19-Jun-11 12:20:20

Ask him! We had similar once...flight to Oz....me, Dh and newborn baby....we were seated in the inside seats with DD in a Sky cot....man sits on aisle seat...and tells us he always books an aisle seat as he is tall...he settles in and then attendant comes along and says "There are lots of free seats further along..with aisle seats available....you might like o take one so you have a more peacful journey?"

He refuses!

DH and I are shock as he has the chance to escape the newborn baby noises....and h says no!

DH turns and says "We would appreciate the extra seat for the bab'ys things...so it's better if you do move."

He agreed then...he just hadn't thought

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now