Talk

Advanced search

to apply for two jobs in the same company at the same time?

(5 Posts)
cinnamonswirler Sun 19-Jun-11 10:13:42

basically, i have seen jobs that i would like to apply for - one i really want but have a lesser chance of getting, and another that is ok and that i would be more qualified for. argument in my head - just get into working for that company. AIBU to apply for both at the same time?

TidyDancer Sun 19-Jun-11 10:20:26

Are they related? Or completely different types of jobs? If they are different, I wouldn't apply for both, in case it is the same person looking at the applications, they may think you're not really interested in either, rather that you just want any old job going.

ShellyBoobs Sun 19-Jun-11 10:24:52

It's not unreasonable if you are applying for both with the mindset that you could realistically be succesful in both applications.

If one of the jobs is well suited to your skill-set and you meet the criteria given whereas the other job is not at all realistic for you, it could be counter-productive; I would question how much you really wanted the job are well suited to if you're looking at other non-suitable jobs.

If both are realistic, YANBU.

ShellyBoobs Sun 19-Jun-11 10:26:29

Bit of a x-post there. I should type faster and ignore DD's incessant moaning this morning. smile

cookcleanerchaufferetc Sun 19-Jun-11 10:31:14

I would speak to the HR dept and tell that that you would love to work for their company and that two positions are interesting and ask for their advice. Simply submitting two applications without any chat may result in a rejection for both. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now