Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To dislike high heeled shoes for children?

(44 Posts)
mightybright Sat 18-Jun-11 20:33:57

I don't mean high heels as fancy dress shoes but I've seen a lot of children clopping around town wearing heels lately

mightybright Sat 18-Jun-11 20:34:46

I mean pre-teens btw

HarrietJones Sat 18-Jun-11 20:35:10

I saw some awful ones in Brantano today. Various Disney types
YANBU

PaisleyLeaf Sat 18-Jun-11 20:38:49

Suri Cruise style?
YANBU

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Sat 18-Jun-11 20:42:21

Hate it!

strandedbear Sat 18-Jun-11 21:30:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

soverylucky Sat 18-Jun-11 21:31:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mumbrane Sat 18-Jun-11 21:31:20

Grim.

On that note, the way Suri Cruise is dressed full stop makes me feel physically ill. Handbags and high heels and stupid bloody couture on a little girl? Wrong.

MorelliOrRanger Sat 18-Jun-11 21:32:22

YANBU - awful

AgentZigzag Sat 18-Jun-11 21:32:54

Inside my head I'm always shock at seeing primary school children teetering to school in them, and slopping around in ugg boots.

If they can't run around in them they're not the right shoes IMO.

whysolate Sat 18-Jun-11 21:33:06

One word - wrong!

YADNBU.

Poochtanian Sat 18-Jun-11 21:33:55

can't bear them. horrid.

MogTheForgetfulCat Sat 18-Jun-11 21:38:01

YANBU! Makes me v glad I have DSs, don't have to deal with it!

TakeMeDrunkImHome Sat 18-Jun-11 21:42:18

Oh no YANBU. I hate them. Don't even see the point in the tiny heels that they have on party shoes as most kids at parties want to run around and play, they can't do that in heels!

MumblingRagDoll Sat 18-Jun-11 21:47:43

YANBU! I have noticed it too. I saw two girls of about 11 in the shop with their mum...both had silver high heeled sandals on with tiny little shorts which went right up their bottoms. I have no issue with the shorts if thats what they like if they are worn with flat shoes...but they weren't and it looked bad....they're little girls and the shoes made the shorts into something they shouldn't be.

AgentZigzag Sat 18-Jun-11 21:50:51

I've not been on a high heels for DC thread before, does anyone know if there's an argument for them being OK?

Or does it just fall to posters saying they're not illegal so what's it to anyone else?

NanaASH Sat 18-Jun-11 23:13:20

I have seen a 13yr old with bunions (worked in a shose shop) they can also damage their spines - to my mind it child abuse

DioneTheDiabolist Sat 18-Jun-11 23:21:59

mThe last time I was at the zoo I saw a little girl in them. It just looked wrong. Also our zoo is on the side of a mountain, so the climb is pretty steep and coming down is harder than going up.

sunnyday123 Sat 18-Jun-11 23:30:34

monsoon sell them - awful! Who on earth would buy these things!

Awomancalledhorse Sat 18-Jun-11 23:42:48

Have you seen the Drag Queen style Hannah Montana shoes in the Disney store? Awful!
But I'd rather they were in something supportive instead of bloody Ugg/fake ugg boots.

I spent my childhood in DM's, best thing my mum ever did for me!

Spuddybean Sun 19-Jun-11 00:27:01

it's just properly manky.

My dp saw a little girl clopping along our street in heels and said 'aaah she's wearing her mum's shoes' and i had to break it to him that they were her shoes, he nearly vommed.

LordOfTheFlies Sun 19-Jun-11 00:38:03

Ooooh Yes, I've seen the glitter encrusted heeled shoes in Brantanos. I think they are HSM. They remind me of the shoes worn by Tim Curry in Rocky Horror Picture Show! Creepy.They are shoes but on the Wrong pair of feet.Shudder.
Luckily DD knows better than to ask for them wink

xstitch Sun 19-Jun-11 01:03:40

YANBU. XH keeps putting dd in them and she always falls angry

MumblingRagDoll Sun 19-Jun-11 01:06:06

Well they're not illegal AgentZ but they're bloody irresponsible!

startail Sun 19-Jun-11 01:34:22

blushblush DD1 had some high sandals when she was a bridesmaid, she was 8 and bit plump. Thus the dress that went round her was far too long. I'm a fair hand with a needle, but it was multi layered and would have been a bugger to shorten.
Thus although I hate heals on kids and don't understand why they make them etc etc. I was jolly glad they did.
(she's found the answer to being a bit plump, she's simply grown taller than megrin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now