Talk

Advanced search

To have expected to find...

(11 Posts)
NearlySpring Sat 18-Jun-11 19:41:07

The present I wanted to bloody buy today?!?

I'm shattered- I kid you not, today Ive been to a market, a summer fête, two high streets and an indoor shopping centre and still not got it and now I want to scream.

It's a present for a great friend, something I know he will love- perhaps they don't exist?!? I need a green jade bracelet, a mans one. Hopefully small stones and a leather band or maybe even silver.

So, AIBU to have expected to have easily got one?

More importantly- does anyone have an idea where I can get one? Or (even better) does anyone here make jewellery and could do me one that I can buy? Happy to pay a fair price for a nice hand made item.

If not, then I give up. sad

veritythebrave Sat 18-Jun-11 19:44:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Birdsgottafly Sat 18-Jun-11 19:44:48

It depends on how long you have to find it, i buy stuff like that on ebay, mainly.

killingTime Sat 18-Jun-11 19:48:07

www.amazon.co.uk/Damali-Mens-Chakra-Bracelets-Jade-L/dp/B004R0KQKS

Like this?

ComeWhineWithMe Sat 18-Jun-11 19:49:53

Message this woman she is very good

killingTime Sat 18-Jun-11 19:50:13

Or this
www.i-shock.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2296
www.maxshock.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1615

NearlySpring Sat 18-Jun-11 19:51:39

Thanks guys! Yes, like the one on Amazon. Preferably with leather strap rather than silver. Was hoping to spend about 20 quid though. Although I realise it costs more as it's silver.

I did try eBay but nothing with a leather band, all cheap tibetan silver from china. I need it in te next seven days so wouldn't reach me in time anyway.

NearlySpring Sat 18-Jun-11 19:54:07

Come whine with me- that link just led me to my own home page- can you write her fb page name here so I can search and contact her. Thank you.

LolaRennt Sat 18-Jun-11 19:56:13

Don't you have a bead shop near you? I bet you do they seem to be popping up everywhere. Go in and buy the beads and a thin leather strap.

NeverAttributeToMalice Sat 18-Jun-11 20:03:05

Have you tried etsy.com You can even put a request on there for someone to make what you want to order.

ComeWhineWithMe Sun 19-Jun-11 08:57:35

en-gb.facebook.com/people/Caroline-Collier-Jewellery/100000517295651

Caroline Collier jewellery smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now