Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To just feck off to dinner without him?

(18 Posts)
MrsKravitz Sat 18-Jun-11 16:35:36

Planned this morning to go out for an evening meal, me, dh and ds. Would probably have gone earlyish as we didnt really have much in the way of lunch.

Then later dh's mate phoned asking us to dinner, so we just decided to all meet up and go to the place we had decided on earlier. Just a casual pub meal.

Anyway, dh just came in from working in the garden saying he "doesnt want to go out anymore" as he is getting ito what he is doing in the garden. He suggested I go out and get a "chippy tea" and to just get what "I feel like" and he'll have that. No other clues as to what he actually wants to eat.

Turns out his mate has phoned and he isnt going anymore either.

I dont want a bloody chippy tea. I have 1) been looking forward to going out and 2 ) am on a low carb diet so was looking forward to a steak and salad (and wont and cant eat a chippy meal). DS was looking forward to going out too.

Should I just say "fuck him", leave him gardening and take ds out, just him and me?

blackeyedsusan Sat 18-Jun-11 16:37:06

yes. leave him too it.

TakeMeDrunkImHome Sat 18-Jun-11 16:38:29

Absolutely, leave him and go out with your son.

nickelbabe Sat 18-Jun-11 16:38:32

god, yes, go on your own with DS.

then have a really good time without a mardy-arse who wants to spoil your fun.

DoingTheBestICan Sat 18-Jun-11 16:38:36

I would go out,get your dh his chips & sausage & you go & enjoy your steak.
Your ds will love it.

Getdressed Sat 18-Jun-11 16:39:13

Yes go out and enjoy the meal you wanted to have.

ShimmeryPixie Sat 18-Jun-11 16:40:05

definitely. go out and have a good time.

Sharney Sat 18-Jun-11 16:41:06

Yup! Just go. Don't be prissy about it though. Just walk around getting ready then be like, O.k we're off see ya later. That's it. Enjoy your meal. smile

create Sat 18-Jun-11 16:45:33

Yes, like Sharey said. Don't sulk, just say Me and DS were looking forward to it, so we'll see you later. I've only been out to eat with a DS on his own a couple of times (usually lunch after a hosp appt) but they have been lovely times

I wouldn't go and get his chips though. He can go himself, or phone out for something.

The only slight reluctance I might have is if the work he's doing in the garden is something you've been nagging him to do for ages smile

AgentZigzag Sat 18-Jun-11 16:45:41

He said he doesn't want to go out, if you do, what can he say?

Unless he's going to try to stop you going out by getting in an arse, if that's the case, definately go smile

jubilee10 Sat 18-Jun-11 16:46:55

Yes, just go out for your tea and remember - next time his mate asks you all out - you're busy!

buzzsore Sat 18-Jun-11 16:48:36

Yes, go.

I might say "You coming?" as I departed, but I think you should go.

Soups Sat 18-Jun-11 16:50:29

Yes, GO. As others have said don't be snippy about it, big fake smile and a wave.

TheDogsAintTheProblem Sat 18-Jun-11 16:51:41

Absolutely. You're not joined at the hip to your DH after all. smile You all win this way - you and DS have a nice meal out and DH gets to enjoy his garden.

Have a lovely evening. smile

redredruby Sat 18-Jun-11 16:59:46

Go! It would really annoy me if my partner thought it ok to just change plans like that with no consideration for others - it seems a bit selfish.

But, don't strop off, just say that you were looking foward to it so are still going to go. Enjoy! smile

MrsKravitz Sat 18-Jun-11 17:23:02

Will do [grin}

diddl Sat 18-Jun-11 17:31:13

TBH if it was a family meal I´d be quite pissed off at plans for a friend to then be there & then mega pissed off at him not wanting to go now that friend isn´t-in fact I´d be bloody insulted.

So I would go without him & I wouldn´t fetch his chips either.

Triathlete Sat 18-Jun-11 17:39:19

Go and have a good time with a lovely smile and leave DH to his gardening. You'll all be happier and relaxed when you get back. Enjoy your respective selves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now