Talk

Advanced search

To think this can't possibly have been an accident??

(13 Posts)
Tweeka Sat 18-Jun-11 12:25:13

Ex moved out with his daughter end of feb. The daughter's mother (not exactly the brightest button in the box) has had sketchy contact with her since but has been to pick her up from ex's new house twice.

This morning - knock at my door and this woman is shouting daughters name through the letter box hmm I open the door, she seems extremely shocked to see me but says hello and asks if her daughter is ready yet???!!! I said "she doesn't live here anymore?" and she threw her hands to her mouth, gasped and said "omg I'm so sorry! I totally forgot! god how embarrassing! you must think I'm a right nutter!! (I'd be lying if I said the thought never crossed my mind but still) " so I laughed it off, remained polite and said "you do know where she lives now, right?" and she said she did. She then showed me a little bump on her head where her dog apparantly nutted her. I remember seeing her post about this on facebook over a week ago.

I don't know what to think!!! the woman is clearly mentally unstable, you can see this a mile off by the stuff she writes on facebook and by text to people etc but do you reckon she did this on purpose for a bit of attention?? Surely you don't suddenly 'forget' where your kid lives??

She is forever making up illnesses with herself, in the past year she has had alzeimers, bi-polar disorder, paranoid scitzophrenia, social anxiety and OCD. She's also hinting that she may have narcasistic traits???

So what do you reckon? nut or genuine mistake?

tallulahxhunny Sat 18-Jun-11 12:33:50

Maybe there is something wrong with her mentally and the doctors just havent diagnosed what it is yet which would explain the various ailmetns she has mentioned.

I am totally ditzy atm and going to see a neuropshycologist (sp) on monday. My mind goes completely blank and i forget simple things like how to write a check (that had me in tears), putting an electric kettle on the gas stove etc sad so i think you should believe her unless she has been a bit of a nuisance to you previously?

fastweb Sat 18-Jun-11 12:34:51

I think there are probably mental health issues at the root.

Even if she did it on purpose to see if he had really moved out, to see what state you are in post him moving out, or to get a reaction out of you, that would point to her judgement being somewhat impaired.

Because it isn't exactly "normal" behavior.

slartybartfast Sat 18-Jun-11 12:36:43

is she on drugs?

or perhaps she could conceivably have forgotten if she has a lot on her mind and is a bit dizzy or whatever y ou call it anyway.

slartybartfast Sat 18-Jun-11 12:36:58

legal drugs or illegal btw

Tweeka Sat 18-Jun-11 12:52:36

Don't know, she always does wierd stuff. Like she sends random text messages to people saying she hates them and wishes they were dead and then the next day she'll text them about plans at the weekend etc as if nothing had happened!! I've always thought there was something not quite right with her but ex used to dismiss it by saying "she's just a bit wierd".

Wierd doesn't even touch it!

Bluemoonrising Sat 18-Jun-11 13:10:48

I was driving home after going to the theatre last week, and very nearly ended up taking a right to go to my old house instead of going straight on. I moved a year and a half ago.

I'm not particularly dizzy, and I don't do drugs. It is perfectly conceivable that she just had a 'senior' or a 'blonde' moment.

BluddyMoFo Sat 18-Jun-11 13:13:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

babylann Sat 18-Jun-11 13:18:08

I would be so uncomfortable with someone shouting through my letter box!

My letter box is low down though. Someone would have to lying down outside my house to shout through it.

Jonnyfan Sat 18-Jun-11 13:28:06

Good job she is out of your life. Forget about her.

Vicky2011 Sat 18-Jun-11 13:59:50

The incident this morning sounds plausible, I have done similar flash back things where autopilot has taken over my brain and I've ended up in totally the wrong place - or at least the wrong place for NOW.

The other stuff you describe sounds a lot more worrying and sinister tbh

Pumpernickel10 Sat 18-Jun-11 14:15:14

Just because she's bipolar doesn't make her a nutter op have some heart

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 18-Jun-11 14:31:06

It is entirely possible to do this, like Bluemoonrising I have driven a route on autopilot and ended up in the wrong place. I've noticed before I got out of the car though! So, YABU, it can possibly have been an accident. As to the rest of her behaviour, she doesn't seem to be harmful (texts excepting, which I imagine anyone who knows her/receives them ignore anyway) and she's no longer part of your life. Tolerate and ignore?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now