Talk

Advanced search

To want to strangle my DH

(3 Posts)
wonkylegs Sat 18-Jun-11 10:53:09

I have been sitting here fuming.....
My 3yr old DS didn't sleep well last night and was up at 1 ,1.40 and 3 and then didn't go back to sleep. He was bouncing off the Walls by 6am and I was feeling physically sick with lack of sleep
I was also in a lot of pain as I have arthritis and my feet were flaring last night so tbh I hadn't had much sleep b4 1
So at 6.15 took DS downstairs, turned on kids telly and retreated to the spare room to die get some sleep
Woke up at 9.30 to a tantrum going on downstairs
Get down to be told by DH that he's knackered he's been up since 6.30 (!!!!)with DS and that he's going back to bed
Then he buggered off leaving me with clingy knackered DS who is stubbornly refusing to sleep as he's 'not tired'
I'm in pain so I'm not going to sleep anyway and somebody does have to look after DS early in the morning but kinda sick that it's always me....
So tired I must look like the walking dead this morning
Matchsticks anybody?

Marshy Sat 18-Jun-11 11:02:35

Sounds like you are both having a tough time. Small sleepless children can make even the most reasonable parents (me wink) tantrumy.
Is there anyone who could take DS off your hands for a few hours, so you can both get a break?

wonkylegs Sat 18-Jun-11 11:28:24

Yes it is tough especially as DH never woke once in the night 6.30 was the 1st and only time he got up... Hence my need to strangle him
Yes he works FT stressful job etc etc which is tiring but so do I and technically I work longer and do all the nursery pick ups etc I can't remember the last time I had a moment to myself, where DH is often tired because of stuff he has consciously decided to do volunteer for
I love spending time with my DS but constantly having to do it whilst being knackered is taking it's toll and I don't want to become resentful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now