Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you believe in angels

(87 Posts)
Lovebendicks Sat 18-Jun-11 07:28:29

Thought about this when reading another thread & just wondered what people thought. I do believe in angels but have never seen one.....

ginmakesitallok Sat 18-Jun-11 07:34:00

No I don't - why on earth would you??

woollyideas Sat 18-Jun-11 07:35:27

No. I don't believe in Father Christmas or the Tooth Fairy, either.

AuntieMonica Sat 18-Jun-11 07:35:37

if you mean the things that are meant to float about with wings and play harps looking after 'heaven'

then no i don't

Geepers Sat 18-Jun-11 07:38:41

Nope, nor do I believe in ghosts, spirits or anything similar.

Olifin Sat 18-Jun-11 07:49:21

Why would you believe in something you have never seen any evidence of?

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 18-Jun-11 07:50:11

Don't be silly.... I'm sure some people find it comforting to believe that they are not alone and that some heavenly creature is looking out for them, and I'm sure that they can fit what they see around them to match this fantasy and that you'll get lots of lovely stories offered as 'proof'. If you've never seen one, the reason is very simple i.e. they don't exist.

EricNorthmansMistress Sat 18-Jun-11 07:50:21

No

nooka Sat 18-Jun-11 07:51:57

No, but I am an atheist so it would be a bit weird if I did. Although thinking about it I was brought up a Catholic and I don't think I've ever believed in angels as anything literal.

No

Lovebendicks Sat 18-Jun-11 08:05:37

Reason I believe is I sometimes get a feeling I will watch this thread with interest

suburbophobe Sat 18-Jun-11 08:07:31

Of course they exist!

But you have to call on them for their help because they always respect your free will.

We all have a guardian angel anyway, whether you believe in it or not.

Just google Lorna Byrne or Doreen Virtue.....

(Oh, and they don't care what religion you follow, even atheism grin)...

TimeWasting Sat 18-Jun-11 08:08:11

Do you mean an angel like a dead loved one watching over you? Or one of the fiery sword wielding/news-bringing biblical ones?

No in either case though.

toptramp Sat 18-Jun-11 08:08:21

I have never seen a dinasour except on telly so does that mean it never existed? I don't believe in angels but I do believe in ghosts as I shared a flat with on eonce. I don't think us humans are aware of half of what this world is about.

Olifin Sat 18-Jun-11 08:09:35

Ummmmm. Well, I sometimes get feelings too but.... Sorry, can you be more specific about what leads you to believe in them?

Each to their own of course. If it makes you happy, then why not?

AuntieMonica Sat 18-Jun-11 08:10:35

i've never seen a dinosaur either, but i've seen fossils

never seen a discarded harp/sword/trumpet..............

Haribojoe Sat 18-Jun-11 08:11:18

I believe.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 18-Jun-11 08:17:28

I get a 'feeling' that I'm going to win the lottery each week. Means fuck all. And @toptramp, the dinosaur example is ridiculous. We have shedloads of old dinosaur shaped bones to have a look at.

HengshanRoad Sat 18-Jun-11 08:22:03

Angels are a fabrication that weak-minded people use to cling to.

iscream Sat 18-Jun-11 08:33:01

I forgot this was AIBU and was going to suggest not to insult peoples beliefs.
Then I remembered where I am.
OP, if you get comfort from your feelings and beliefs, and they hurt nobody, go ahead and believe.

toptramp Sat 18-Jun-11 08:38:06

We have heaps of angel sculptures to look at too! I don't know if angels exist but i do believe in ghosts. i lived with one once. My flat had a definate present. As soon as my friend came round for tea first time in my flat she said it's haunted. The air was electric and you could cut it with a knife but not malevolent. Then at work a couple of months later a colleague asked me where I work and when I told her she said ''oh so and so (other colleague) used to live there. It's haunted. She saw a man walk through a wall.'' Brings up goose bumps even now.
I have never seen ectoplasm or discareded sheets but I do believe that the flat was haunted. I'd much rather live with the evil dead than the evil living though as my flatmates before were so awful!
I do believe that there are different planes of existence and the sixth sense. A few days before my grandad died he appeared in a vision to my cousin.I cannot prove it but I do believe in it. I don't believe in leprechauns and elves though! I do draw the line somewhere.

toptramp Sat 18-Jun-11 08:38:45

presence even.

toptramp Sat 18-Jun-11 08:41:03

where I live even. Not with it today!

chimchar Sat 18-Jun-11 08:49:52

i believe. have no reason to, and certainly no proof, but i still do. smile

BluddyMoFo Sat 18-Jun-11 08:51:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now