Talk

Advanced search

To think the world would be a more peaceful place if it was run by women?

(27 Posts)
mightybright Fri 17-Jun-11 22:25:01

Ok I could be way off here but I do often wonder what it would be like

kaid100 Fri 17-Jun-11 22:26:21

Yup, think how Margaret Thatcher took steps to avoid war.

LineRunner Fri 17-Jun-11 22:26:22

Well, there's a few on here would start a war just by waking up, I reckon.

MavisEnderby Fri 17-Jun-11 22:26:26

I sometimes think this but then Margaret Thatcher pops up in my mind.....

worraliberty Fri 17-Jun-11 22:26:54

Not if MumsNet is anything to go by!

Empusa Fri 17-Jun-11 22:27:54

I don't think you can generalise by sex, too many other variables.

And yeah.. we're all peaceful and in total agreement on everything on here..

SecretNutellaFix Fri 17-Jun-11 22:34:09

It would be hell. It would be like MN everywhere. Loads of different disagreements as well as solidarity.

headfairy Fri 17-Jun-11 22:36:22

I think if there was more equality the world would be a more peaceful place. Inequality leads to resentment leads to rebellion leads to violence leads to suppression leads to war.

Morloth Fri 17-Jun-11 22:36:42

Not a chance, it would perhaps be better organised.

iEmbarassedMyself Fri 17-Jun-11 22:39:18

I doubt it, but being run equally by men and women would be interesting. I can't say 'peaceful', because I doubt the world will ever be peaceful, especially not because one sex has the upper hand. Equality is the way forward, imo.

BagofHolly Fri 17-Jun-11 23:11:50

Based on the highly scientific study of the game of Risk, played by me and my H, my brother and his wife, I think the answer is yes. Me and SIL got fed up with the whole war/domination thing and she was telling me all about her sister's new house and garden, which was much more interesting. We were all
"D'you want France?"
"Yeah go on, would you like China?"
"Ok then. Anyway, she's thinking of getting it decked at the bottom cos it gets muddy in the winter. Swap you Canada for South America."
"Decked? It gets very slippy, I prefer paving."
"Well I said that to her but her mate's husband works at the timber yard and they get a discount. Ooo look, you and me have won! Will you straighten my hair?"
"Yep. See you later boys, play nicely."

Brother and husband were incandescant, and said we'd missed the point. But we hadn't. grin

fairydoll Fri 17-Jun-11 23:21:59

Rubbish! People on MN fight at the drop of a hat!

Morloth Fri 17-Jun-11 23:24:10

Yeah but based on our family BagofHolly, I go for the throat in all competitions/games and DH is more likely to be kind.

In a world run by women it would still be run by the 'go for the throat' types.

BooyHoo Fri 17-Jun-11 23:27:10

yabu have you had a look round here lately?

xstitch Fri 17-Jun-11 23:35:05

I'm sorry but I doubt it very much. Have you read any other AIBU threads.

Lunabelly Fri 17-Jun-11 23:39:32

My tomcat was a complete bastard until I got his bollocks chopped off. Overnight he because the sweetest, nice-as-pie-iest cat in the universe.

Just saying...

xstitch Fri 17-Jun-11 23:47:12

So you are saying it would be more peaceful if the World was run by Eunuchs?

Lunabelly Fri 17-Jun-11 23:50:08

Ummmmm...well...if you put it that way.

Yes. Enuchs and well adjusted women.

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 17-Jun-11 23:52:57

.... or cats

Lunabelly Fri 17-Jun-11 23:54:55

Only litter-tray-using ones though smile

PrinceHumperdink Sat 18-Jun-11 00:02:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sunshineandbooks Sat 18-Jun-11 00:12:46

Seconded! grin

GreenEyesandHam Sat 18-Jun-11 00:16:55

It'd be all 'I'm not talking to Libya at the moment, until Libya apologises to me for that really offensive thing they did to me....but YOU can talk to Libya of course, that's your prerogative. Oh. You are still talking to Libya. That's fine, honestly. I'm fine with it."

"Hi is that USA? Just wondered if you'd heard from France recently? You know she's still talking to Libya?"

springydaffs Sat 18-Jun-11 00:20:57

er no. It would be monumental pouts and snide digs and hurt feelings and wondering what on earth you said/did wrong as something's obviously up but for the life of you you don't know what it is - and that can go on for weeks/months/years <major eye roll>.

Can't be doing with it. Give me a man any day (please) - straight to the point [generalisation alert] even if they are a bit stupid sometimes and don't think (much)

springydaffs Sat 18-Jun-11 00:21:42

oh gosh, what am I thinking: it's ^friday night!!>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now