Talk

Advanced search

to think corrie is getting sooooo bad

(15 Posts)
Icelollycraving Fri 17-Jun-11 20:40:48

Corrie is one of my favourite programmes,it has got worse over the last few months. Now with Cindy from Eastenders running the pub it is making my teeth itch. Perhaps if they had put Mary behind the bar...,

Happymm Fri 17-Jun-11 20:45:56

Gave up watching soaps at the beginning of the new year for this very reason (apart from neighbours). Got loads of time back in the evenings to talk to DH, read, get paperwork done.....................and then I discovered MN grin

griphook Fri 17-Jun-11 20:46:47

yanbu Becky and steve are unable to act, can't wait for her to leave. Cindy's accent is just wrong and who cares about any of the storlines, I mean sean and his ds, sophie and her charity, Dev and Sinta. I need to stop watching this crap.

Eastenders is just as bad, I mean seriously Vanessa looks like she is dressed for a christening all the time.

I reckon they are on to often and have lost their quality. Utter shit.

Icelollycraving Fri 17-Jun-11 20:50:14

The aunties,Sean & son,Dev & Sunita,Ken's son who is clearly on the fiddle,the Ginger weasel....
I only like Noris,Mary & Julie!

takethisonehereforastart Fri 17-Jun-11 21:11:15

We saw some of it yesterday and that fake Northern accent she (Cindy) is doing is awful.

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 17-Jun-11 21:13:42

Her accent! And his accent too. They just grate, don't they, and you can't ignore the accents, they are THERE, being a bit crap at you, preventing you from watching.

I do love Vanessa in EE tho, just a shame she never got to be at the heart of a meaty storyline. She was always 'just the woman' on the edge of the story.

thenightsky Fri 17-Jun-11 21:14:04

Cindy Beale is struggling with that Northen Accent.

Binfullofmaggotsonthe45 Fri 17-Jun-11 21:15:07

Aww i love the Sean Tulley character....

I am sad to see Graham leave...i enjoyed his humour.

Icelollycraving Fri 17-Jun-11 21:20:34

I like Sean but how many more people can Eileen get in that house!

LineRunner Fri 17-Jun-11 21:21:29

Vanessa is under-used and under-scripted. All she seems to say is crappy fawning stuff to Max ("Oh, Max") while she's running a hoover round his horrible house dressed, as griphook stylishly notes, ever-ready for a christening.

Baileysismyfriend Fri 17-Jun-11 21:24:45

YABU Corrie is the best soap, its the only one that makes me laugh, I cringe when Eastenders attempts any type of comedy story line.

LordOfTheFlies Fri 17-Jun-11 21:24:46

Soap opera houses have elastic walls,
Like the Slaters in Stenders.
Charlie, Big Mo, Lynne &Gary, Kat, Zoe, Little Mo at times, sometimes Belinda.
How many rooms was that??

pranma Fri 17-Jun-11 21:27:27

I gave up Corrie when the Fizz/John thing got too silly for words.Its all nasty things happening to nice people[Fizz] and nast people getting away with things-or it was a few months ago.I cant bear much on TV at the moment.

Binfullofmaggotsonthe45 Fri 17-Jun-11 21:28:26

I often wonder how many rooms in the Barlow house too?

I remember terraced houses in Wales and they are normally 2up 2down!

LineRunner Fri 17-Jun-11 21:40:13

Yeah, when John jumped off the roof and then had disappeared like Michael Myers when the police went to find his broken body, I actually laughed out loud.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: