Talk

Advanced search

To ask if there is something in this idea or not

(11 Posts)
neepsntatties Fri 17-Jun-11 17:22:58

I have two children, ds 3 and dd is 4 months. I love them and wouldn't be without them but am sometimes frustrated when I can't do the things I used to love, the main one being going to the theatre. I know I will get back to it when they are older but there are lots of events, courses and performances that are passing me by and I can't go because dh is away and dd is breasfed and won't take a bottle.

Anyway I am also a drama worked and I was wondering if a drama group for mums would be something that people would be interested in. I would go to something like that but then theatre is my passion so maybe it wouldn't attract others. I was thinking a drama group that you could bring your babies/toddlers along to and work on whatever takes the groups fancy - script work/impro anything at all.

Assuming I could get a cheap/free space etc do you think there would be any interest?

worraliberty Fri 17-Jun-11 17:24:54

Surely you'd need a creche or the group would never get to work on anything?

GabbyLoggon Fri 17-Jun-11 17:27:52

not me, neep, but others should oblige

TheSnickeringFox Fri 17-Jun-11 17:36:38

I would love something like that. I really miss theatre and also being in a choir and it will be years before I can do it again sad

neepsntatties Fri 17-Jun-11 17:38:53

It would be ideal if there were a creche, just not sure how I would go about setting that up. Perhaps it is too complicated to organise but just thought it would be nice if there were something theatre related that people with young children could participate in.

neepsntatties Fri 17-Jun-11 17:57:05

x post. That is how I feel TheSnickeringFox, that it will be a while before I can really participate in this kind of thing again and I miss it!

MumblingRagDoll Fri 17-Jun-11 18:00:19

I think it's a brilliant idea. I would go. I trained as an actor and miss it badly.

perplexedpirate Fri 17-Jun-11 18:02:47

That's a fantasic idea. I would definitely go to something like that and my DS would love the time spent with other DCs too.
I've never performed or written for the stage but I do love going to the theatre (not as regularly as I'd like anymore).
If you're in Gtr Manchester count me in!

neepsntatties Fri 17-Jun-11 19:02:22

I might ask my health visitor what she thinks, she might have some ideas.

Sorry up in Scotland here!

Punkatheart Fri 17-Jun-11 19:31:33

Lovely idea! Good luck with it.

SmethwickBelle Fri 17-Jun-11 19:47:37

I went to a baby yoga class where the genius woman who ran it would segue between stuff for babies and stuff for adults when the babies were occupied. Sometimes the two were combined. It wasn't a franchise with "moves", she was just very good. Still is.

A drama class with something for attendant babies thrown in could be very entertaining all round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now