Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to tell no-one for completely selfish reasons.....

(18 Posts)
NickNacks Fri 17-Jun-11 15:53:45

that my course tomorrow has been cancelled and still have my parents look after the children?

Dh is working and I was supposed to be too but got a call today to say course has been cancelled. Mum loves having them (though whole day with 3DC's is rare) and as a working mum I guess I should relish the weekends?

Would it make a difference if I told you I was a CM and so am with mine and other children ALL THE TIME!! grin

Don't plan to do anything spectacular but would get to do a food shop on my own, catch up with the housework mumsnet , do some CM paperwork in blissful peace......

So should I be a selfish cow and still send the kids to my mums or tell her and DH its been cancelled and keep them at home......You decide!

pippop1 Fri 17-Jun-11 15:55:46

Tell the truth and ask her if she can have them anyway and you get a day to yourself!

chirpchirp Fri 17-Jun-11 15:56:18

Could you be honest with your mum? Tell her that the course has been cancelled but ask if she'd like to have the kids anyway (at least for a couple of hours) so you can catch up with the housework?

Lauzifer Fri 17-Jun-11 15:56:45

Be selfish, put your feet up and have some you time. If your mum enjoys having the dc's then all is good.

And don't spend the day feeling guilty about it either grin

LineRunner Fri 17-Jun-11 15:56:59

You want a day for yourself, but you don't want to lie about it? Ask your mum of she'll do it for anyway, then. Don't feel guilty.

Pinkiemum Fri 17-Jun-11 15:57:26

Of course you should, you deserve time for yourself occasionally, if your mums happy having your children for the day why not, especially if you spend all week looking after other peoples children one of the hardest jobs I think there is.

LineRunner Fri 17-Jun-11 15:57:30

Look at that, agreement already!

shesparkles Fri 17-Jun-11 15:57:34

go for it-I "may" have done something very similar in the pastwink

wotss Fri 17-Jun-11 16:02:09

Go for it - remember not to answer your home phone though, just the mobile...

NickNacks Fri 17-Jun-11 16:05:07

Hmm be honest and ask her to still have them...... that's a path I hadn't considered.......

Thanks for the tips too- not answering home phone! Check!

shesparkles What did you do with your day and did you confess or get found out?

MissMap Fri 17-Jun-11 16:07:29

Tell your mum you need a break. You are not being selfish, you are just recharging your batteries. Everyone will benefit from that.

shesparkles Fri 17-Jun-11 16:10:54

I went out of town for the day! Did some window shopping, went for a "civilised" coffee on my own etc, bought some nice bits from M&S and had a picnic lunch in the car.I just totally enjoyed the peace.

No one ever knew-it must have been about 6/7 years ago when ds was a toddler and it gave me much needed head space and did me the world of good.

NickNacks Fri 17-Jun-11 16:25:50

Sounds fab and just what i need. No guilt either.

YANBU

I think I may have done it too. Used to take half a days leave without telling anyone and just please myself. Children still had the usual childcare in place and I had a little bit of head space. Was fine, I think. Needs must, sometimes.

Oh, there's more. blush I've just remembered another one. I carried on "going" to a Saturday morning choir practice for a few weeks after it had finished because it was lovely to have a solo outing into town.

Enjoy your day, OP grin

PinkSchmoo Fri 17-Jun-11 17:50:02

Go for it, but do something lush...

CelebratedMonkey Fri 17-Jun-11 17:52:20

Do it!

chocolateyclur Fri 17-Jun-11 17:52:32

Been there, done that, would do it again.

NickNacks Fri 17-Jun-11 20:29:52

Thanks. Mum just called to confirm about tomorrow and i said nothing. blush

Best thing was i don't feel bad.

Haven't told DH either! Both be leaving at the same time tomorrow so no issues there! grin

Will check in tomorrow to let you know how much i'm enjoying it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now